26 The Tony's And I Love Yous

"Wow, I mean I saw you in the dress when you tried it on...but wow, you're going to upstage me," Lin whispers as he takes a good look at (Y/n) after she was all done up in her (favorite color) dress.

"Stop, you're going to smudge all my make-up too much, and get lipstick all over your face, " (Y/n) hisses softly moving to lightly shove Lin as he tried to kiss her.

"Aww but you're way too beautiful not to want to kiss..." Lin whines giving her a pout.

"Well too bad, the last thing you need is lipstick on your face while accepting an award, and don't you dare say you're not going to get any, because you are, I know it, it's too amazing to not win, with all those nominations you've got," (Y/n) says moving to fix his tie a bit. "There, now you look devilishly handsome," she whispers.

"Okay okay, you're probably right...doesn't mean I still don't want to kiss you, among other things-ouch! Don't hit me!"

"Stop thinking lewd things and I will, and don't go saying those things when everyone's gonna hear it," (Y/n) says her cheeks more flaming red than the blush she had on.

"Can't help it, I've got the most gorgeous woman here with me tonight,"

"That's nice and all, but you sir need to be socializing, let's go...red carpet awaits..." she says shakily.

"It'll be fine you know, nothing to worry about, just remember I'm right here and they only care about the gossip, what we have is between us, not them," he whispers to her as the cameras start flashing.

________

When it came time to awards the second Lin made it upstage and started his speech was one that (Y/n) would never forget

"This is the most incredible night ever, I can't believe this has happened...." Lin trails off stating who he wanted to thank via a paper he had. The part that shocked (Y/n) the most was the part where Lin, either in the spur of the moment or not said the last line of his speech, "And I want to thank my girlfriend, (Y/n) you mean the world to me and I love you for all that you've done making me smile every day and night, even though it's sometimes really late and you've got school in the morning, but you've always been there cheering me on, I love you so much. Goodnight everyone!"

_______

Once the entire event was over (Y/n) was practically glued to Lin's side a huge grin on his face as he talked around to everyone, clearly being the one to introduce her every time, and his arm not leaving her waist the entire night while her thoughts were running through on what he had just said during his speech, knowing full well she felt the exact same way.

_______

The second they were back at Lin's apartment Lin's lips attacked hers, with a mumble of "I've waited long enough to be able to kiss you like this and tell you I love you," he mumbles against their lips, only breaking when (Y/n) pulled away.

"So it wasn't a spur of the moment? When you said it up on stage?" (Y/n) asked him while she tried to catch her breath.

"No, I genuinely meant it, and I don't think I can ever not tell you how much I love you, because I love you so much (Y/n) (Y/L/n)," Lin whispers, leaning in to press his lips back against hers with (Y/n) giving a small squeak.

Pulling back she laughs softly, "I can't say it back if you keep distracting me with kisses," she whispers brushing her fingers against his cheek and tucking a loose piece of hair back behind his ear. "I love you too Lin-Manuel Miranda" she whispers softly, his eyes lighting up at her response and he proceeded to attack her with more firm kisses. Needless to say, their night was only the beginning.