9 Teaching is Hard; How do you do it?

"Good morning Lin!" (Y/n) says as she greets him in front of the school, passing a cup of coffee and a scone to him, she smiles as he immediately takes a sip.

"Okay, you're spoiling me, coffee and scones?" Lin teases.

"Hey, I can't have you falling asleep like my students, it's rather early so I figured you'd need a bit of a boost, now come on let's go get anything you need set up in my classroom."

As the two chatted having gotten things set up pretty easily, (Y/n) was leaning against her desk while Lin sat down in her rolling chair chatting aimlessly about just the news that morning when Isabella rushed in.

"Ms.(Y/L/n)! You'll never guess what's...eep!" Isabella's voice went to squeal as she locked eyes on Lin. Immediately she lifted her binder up to cover her face, "I...I...Ms.(Y/L/n) that's Lin-Manuel Miranda sitting in your seat!" she hisses in shock.

(Y/n) chuckles, "Yes, yes that is, I did say I'd ask him to come talk didn't I? Mr.Miranda will just have a small presentation before we split you into groups to discuss some of those primary sources that I assigned you to at least hopefully glance at." she explains.

"He's really here...like it's not a joke, he's actually here to do a talk?" Isabella asks slowly lowering her binder her eyes still wide.

"Yes, why don't you go sit down, or better yet, you can ask him something, he is right here after all," (Y/n) points out.

Lin smiles at the young teen, "I promise I don't pinch or bite, and it may be rather early but it's fine if you have questions,"

Isabella let out a small squeal her eyes lighting up and she moves to sit in the seat closest to Lin, "Do you like Ms.(Y/L/n)!?" she blurts out immediately. "Because I totally think you do, the way you subtly on Twitter must be talking about her, the retweeting of her journal article of the day! And of course, the way the rest of the cast point it out!"

"Ms.Moralez! By asking questions I did not mean personal ones, I thought you'd have questions on Hamilton, that..we do not ask those kinds of questions to our guest. I'm sorry Lin, I didn't expect her to ask that...you really don't have to answer."

"(Y/n/n) it's fine, but your teacher is right Isabella, I am not going to answer those questions, it's rather personal. And what happens between your teacher and me is nothing that should concern you. But ask away on Hamilton and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability,"

Isabella huffs a bit before nodding to herself, "That was an answer though...clearly it was, but fine I'll drop it. I guess I do have questions about Hamilton starting with..." Isabella goes on and on asking questions at a more rapid-fire at Lin, getting more excited as he answered them.

At that time (Y/n) leaned back against her desk with a small sigh, that girl would drive her crazy, but she wasn't all wrong, the only question was if and when the two decided to actually act on their feelings.