30 Meeting Lin's Family Unexpectedly

"So...date night is canceled..." Lin says casually to (Y/n)

"What! Why? Lin what did you do?" (Y/n) says glancing up from her book.

"So...my last show is tomorrow, right? Well, my parents wanted to come to have dinner tonight as they knew tomorrow would be busy..." he says sheepishly.

"So I'm meeting your parents tonight?" (Y/n) asks a bit of panic racing through her.

"Well...and my sister and her husband..." Lin says softly.

"So the whole family...I mean I guess that's something that was going to happen eventually," she responds earning a kiss on her forehead.

"I'll make it up to you I promise," he murmurs softly glancing to try and read over her book.

"Nope, this is my biography, no you reading over it. I don't need your muse taking up a lot more time," she jokes.

"Darn..." Lin jokes.

______

Dinner went really well, (Y/n) got along rather well with Lin's parents and sister, eventually relaxing a bit more as she had been tense towards the beginning but relaxed next to Lin once dinner was over and they were just talking in the living room. Well, mainly it was Luis telling stories of when Lin was a child and teen. Much to his son's embarrassment.

Laughing softly she pecked Lin's cheek, it was basically payback for when her mother told her stories of when she was younger. Eventually when it was time to leave she slipped her arms around Lin's waist kissing him softly.

"Your parents are amazing, why did we not introduce each other earlier?" she mumbles.

"Felt like it was too fast if I did, but I'm glad I did now..." he whispers resting his forehead against hers as the two kind of swayed to the sound of the city in the background.

"Well I'm glad I did, I like them."

"Good, cause family is quite important to us,"

"They always are the most important thing," (Y/n) whispers.

"Yeah, they really are," Lin whispers right back.