40 I Propose A Toast!

(Y/n) slipped her hand into Lin's the second they broke from their hug and kiss in the airport, making sure they were quick about it as to not have the paparazzi catch them. "I missed you so much," (Y/n) whispers to Lin as he leads her to the car.

"I missed you too, and now we don't have to be apart, well unless I'm filming,"

"But even then I'll still be here with you or be in your trailer writing," (Y/n) points out.

"Yeah, you've got that new journal you're writing right?"

"Yup, this one is a bit more personal though, I got to actually interview people and have to cite them, oral history is always amazing," she points out softly.

"I can't wait to read it," he muses, "We're doing a cast dinner tonight, I was hoping you'd come?" he asks.

"I'd love to, as long as it's genuine British cuisine and not something we usually get,"

"Of course," he says softly.

__________

Once they were there (Y/n) greeted everyone, not even noticing the looks they were giving Lin as if to tell him to 'hurry up' with whatever he had planned, and (Y/n) was none the wiser of her partner's nerves.

She eventually picked up on his nerves towards the end of dinner when his leg started bouncing making her glance at him and tilt her head, "Lin? is everything alright?" she asks softly, her hand moving to reach for his only for him to nod his head. 

"Yeah...well no? Actually, can I just get the attention of everyone?" he says, might as well bite the bullet and do it before dessert came.

(Y/n) looked at him in confusion as he moved to push his chair away, "Okay, so I may have lied, I have been waiting for the right moment for months, but I figured you were stressed about school, so I'm doing this now. I've missed you so much when we're apart, and I love you too much to ever let you go away from me. You brighten my day and I talk about you to anyone who will listen. I think Emily gets tired of me bragging about how amazing you are at writing about the history of whatever you write in a given day." Lin admits a small laugh coming from Emily as she sat smiling at Lin while (Y/n)'s eyes widened at what Lin was doing.

"Lin are you-"

"Let me finish...I had something written down that I wanted to say but I think It's better that I just say what I feel. (Y/n) (Y/L/n) I am so in love with you, we've been together for over a year, but we've known each other close to two, and I know you're it for me. I want to wake up beside you, not just as your boyfriend, but as your husband. That is if you'll have me as your husband." he says fishing a box out from his pocket.

This made (Y/n)'s eyes widen further and a few tears slipping out as she covered her mouth.

"I even asked your mother for this, because I know it means so much," he says nodding off where there was a phone recording it. "So (Y/n) (Y/L/n) will you do me the honor of becoming Mrs. Miranda and make me the luckiest guy?" he asks.

(Y/n) who was practically crying by now nodded her head and launched herself at Lin, peppering his face with kisses and whispers of "Yes of course, oh my gosh you're an idiot, I love you so much," as he slid the ring on her finger.

There were cheers from the cast and (Y/n) was practically swamped by the women as she showed off her ring to the phone, knowing her mother would be seeing it, along with probably the rest of the world if Lin was going to post it on Twitter.

______

"Good night Fiancée," Lin mumbles as he snaked his arms around (Y/n) in the bedroom.

"Goodnight Fiancé," (Y/n) responded rather giddily as she snuggled back against them.