7 Grading is my job, not yours

"You know you don't have to help me grade these, you should get back to rehearsals Lin," (Y/n) says as she marks on some papers in Lin's dressing room.

"I know that! But I really want to help out, I promised we'd go get lunch and then got called into do a run-through of a few songs, so I ruined our plans,"

"Lin plans change it's fine, I'm not angry that we didn't get to go grab lunch, it's really fine," (Y/n) responds.

"Still, you sure you'll be fine? Sometimes you need to take a break, and I'm telling this because I care, you look exhausted," Lin tells her.

"I'm fine, just had a rough night and got caught up in my writing and filing sources I had misplaced," (Y/n) says waving him off.

"Okay...I'm going to go do rehearsals, but let me know if you need anything okay (Y/n/n)?" Lin says his voice softening a bit as he looked at (Y/n) who was hunched over her papers only to glance back up at him.

(Y/n) gave him a smile and waved him off, "Shoo, go rehearse I'm fine, go, you'll be late,"

"Okay, okay, I'm going," he says laughing as he leaves her to finish her grading.

______________

The next time Lin came into the dressing room he noticed (Y/n) fast asleep with her red pen in her hand, bleeding ink all over her other hand. A small smile formed on his lips as he moved to get her in a more comfortable position. Thankfully she only stirred but fell back to sleep.

Peeking inside Chris chuckles at Lin, "Man, you got to tell her, you are in hard aren't you?"

"Shh, she's sleeping, and maybe I will...but that might be for a while."

"Don't throw your shot away Lin," Chris warns in a partial joking way.

"I won't, now come on, we have more rehearsing to do."