46 Telling Lin's Parents

"You're back!" (Y/n) said quickly moving to wrap her arms around Lin the second he walked in the door of their apartment. Lin leaned in giving her a sweet kiss tugging her a bit closer, clearly wanting to further this until the timer went off, "Shit, food is gonna burn...though later," she murmurs pulling away from him as he follows after her.

"So...what's with all the food? Not that I don't enjoy you making food...but why all this?"

"Your parents are coming over, remember? And I was trying not to go over-board...since your mother is bringing a bit more food, I can't cook Puerto Rican food to save myself...so she offered to cook some of your favorite dishes while I stuck with the French ones,"

"That's sweet of you, ooo why is there a cake in here!?"

"No! Don't touch it, Lin that's how we're gonna surprise them...I got the newest ultrasound on it via those cool sugar printable art things, and I did get them Abuela and Abuelo shirts...as a backup...in case they don't understand the cake.."

"Oh I'm sure they'll understand, how are you doing, by the way, my beautiful partner? Morning sickness still causing problems?" he asks softly, his arms snaking around her waist and resting on her stomach.

"I actually had to rush out of class I was feeling so nauseous...I got quite a few of my students worried," she says softly, leaning back against him as she took off her oven mitts.

"Well I wish I could make it so our little Maní would stop causing you to be sick," he mumbles.

"I know, but that's how some pregnancies are...hopefully in the next few weeks it dies off," she whispers.

___________

Once Lin's parents were there the family enjoyed their food and catching up. It wasn't until the cake was brought out that Lin's parents gave the two a shocked look, glancing between the two.

"Wait really?" Luis says with a grin forming on his face.

"Yeah really, we're going to be parents, and of course you get to be grandparents again," Lin says beaming proudly at (Y/n) who was chatting along with his Luz over ideas for the baby room and stuff.

"Well I guess that means the wedding is getting pushed back?" he points out.

"Yeah...we're probably going to push it to later in 2019...so the baby is big enough to be a flower girl or ring bearer," Lin says moving when (Y/n) went to grab his hand clearly beaming with her own happiness at how supportive and the amazing response was. Now the last thing was to tell the world, but that would be in a few weeks, in a more creative way of course.