~ Prologue ~

This book is dedicated to me,

Without whom this book wouldn't exist

Hey!

Searching for a book with coherent grammar?

Searching for a book with cute moments before/after the pair gets together AND no clichés?

Searching for a book with female empowerment?

Congratulations, you've found it.

For the past year, I've been crafting through my writing flaws to create the plot line for this book. I thought it would be cool to finally showcase my work.

Why am I writing this book?

To put it simply, I'm tired of searching for books that match my taste. I'm going to create a book that satisfies the reader's interest because I know how irritating it is when something is too out of the blue or too predictable.

Things you need to know before you read this book :

1. This book isn't just going to be romance. Friendship is a constant theme throughout as well. But I think it's important to point out that I don't drown the book into a focus of camaraderie either.

2. It's not high school-based. It's college-based. A lot of people think high-school love is obsession rather than love, but on the other hand, college love is viewed to be a lot more rational and genuine to the general public, which will urge them to keep reading. I only included this bit of information to shut down those who beg for a high school version.

3. All chapters have a minimum limit of 1200 words, so they won't be short and unsatisfying. I understand the pain of finding a really long book but then discovering that all the chapters are 100 - 200 childlike words.

4. Most chapters will be 3rd Person because it's really easy to describe both character's feelings/thoughts in one chapter instead of doing parts because let's face it, that's incredibly infuriating to binge.

And lastly, a preview :) (The preview is a taste of what they're like after they've started dating)

For those of you who read my book before it got deleted, this is slightly different but still follows the same plotline, so there are things you guys haven't read either that I'm really excited to write for you ❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Anything else ?" He asks a soft grin lacing his lips.

His sweatshirt was slung on lazily like any other day, but it felt different at that moment. It felt like she was looking through a kaleidoscope; Each part of him glimmered differently, and no matter how much you stared, you'd always tell yourself 'just a little bit longer'.

"Okay, then." He says, his hand reaching forward to touch her cheek. "Bye." His lips meet hers, his thumb grazing over the pretty coral tinge that doused her sleek cheekbones. Her hand floats to touch his, and he decides to pull away, leaving him to chuckle at her serene face. "Lis, we've been dating for nearly a year." He smiles, his fingers still holding on to her as if she was the last thing in the world. "You blush every single time."

"I can't help it." She murmurs, her innocent chocolate brown eyes staring into his dulled lazy ones.

"I should get going." He says more to himself than to her. His gaze kept drifting down to her tempting lips, and back to her eyes as if he was trying to make a decision. He didn't think he'd be able to leave at this pace.

"Wait !" She calls after him. His hand was on the knob of the dorm door, his unruly dark hair brushing away from his attractive face.

"Hm ?"

"I love you."

The silence. It was all she could think about, and it drowned over both of them. It's only silence...But why is it so loud? And why did it bother her so much?

An indescribable warmth drowns his eyes, and he marches over, pulling her up from the couch and slamming a kiss on her unsuspecting lips.

"I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait quite a while for that chapter to come up.

But luckily, there's a bunch of cute moments mixed generously into the story.

To those who enjoyed the prologue, I think it's safe to assume you'll enjoy the book.

To those who didn't, I apologize, but I also hope the preview saved you from wasting your time on a book not worth reading.

Thank you!