Chapter 97 ~ Feather Dusters

3rd Person's POV ~ 

"Move it, Peanut." 

She shoves his shoulder, lifting the blanket. His eyes had snapped open at her voice, wide as golf balls, but he hadn't gotten a glimpse of her since she'd sent him rolling to the other side of his mattress.

She tugs him back, grabbing him and wrapping her arms around his waist with her face in his neck. "Wh-what are you doing here ?"

She ignores him. 

"I'm still mad." She says softly. "Just can't sleep." 

"Okay." He mumbles, slowly wrapping his arms around her as if she was going to recoil at his touch. She scoffs and pulls them around her, murmuring a retort ('You're the captain of the track team, how do you have the receptive skills of a snail ?')

Weirdly enough, he refused to think of it as anything more than a coincidence when both of them fell asleep in about 15 minutes. 

And the next morning at breakfast in the mess hall, he still refused to think of it that way. Jimin and Taehyung were next to him, bickering as per usual while none of the girls nor Jin had come yet. Jimin chucks a leaf of lettuce at the boy opposite to him. "Stop bringing up the dumpling incident !" 

"Which one ?" Taehyung smirks, peeling off the lettuce from his cheek and chucking it perfectly into a food waste bin. 

"Excuse me ?" A mousy boy had tapped Jungkook on the shoulder. He turns around, looking cluelessly at the boy. 

"How can I help you ?"

"Oh, your friend wanted me to give you this note. Your name is Jungkook, right ?" The boy quivers. 

"Relax. I'm not going to beat you up." Jungkook says, taking the note from him. "Thanks." 

"Bye !" He squeaks running off to his friends who quivered with him, pointing at Jungkook's back.

"What's wrong with them ?" Jimin scowls. "Can I punch one of them ?"

"No." Jungkook sighs, answering like he was used to getting that question. 

He unfurls the note in his hand and cracks a smile. 

You won't believe what I found ! Come back home, I gotta show you ! - Jin

"Look." Jungkook smiles, showing the note to Taehyung and Jimin who roll their eyes in return. 

"Don't go." Jimin says, stabbing a carrot with his fork. "He'll probably just show you something stupid ?"

"Like what ?"

"I don't know, maybe he finally found his other sock ?"

"Oh, but you must know I've been looking forward to meeting Red's long lost sock-cousin for a long time." Jungkook grins. 

"You guys gave that thing a name ?"

"It wasn't hard. It's literally named after a color." He shrugs. "We're not very creative."

He swings his leg over the bench, tugging down the hem of his sweatshirt and walking out the doors of the mess hall. 

Down the straight of people who were battling to get in the mess hall for food, he saw a radiant girl who was smiling next to Jennie, walking carefree with a yellow notebook clutched in her slender arms. His eyes stayed fixed on her before a foreign hand protrudes his vision. His eyes narrow at the hand that was about to touch her ass, his vision tracing the limb back to one of Jinyoung's friends. 

He marches down the hall, not paying her a glance before he punches the guy in the gut. It happened fairly quickly, fast enough so that nobody except Jennie and Lisa had noticed. The boy was taken aback, clutching his stomach a second too late. "What was that for ?" He groans, doubling over in pain. 

People who saw him now assumed he was going to puke and ran away, leaving the corridor as dry as the boy's smile. 

"Don't touch her." He mutters, walking off without sparing either one of the dumbfounded girls another glance.

That's a lie. He snuck a peek at her, and he didn't regret it. She was punching the guy after realizing what he'd been about to do, her notebook thrown off to the side. Jennie follows helplessly after Lisa who storms back in Jungkook's direction, picking up her scattered stuff she hadn't realized had strayed that far down the corridor. 

She was kneeling on the ground, picking up her things, and he wanted to help but someone's cold snakelike fingers slithered around his forearm. He clenched his fist in anger, already knowing who it was. He turns around, shooting her a cold glare. "Stop trying to be around me. Stop talking to me. I don't like you, and I never will." 

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Lisa listening in, repeatedly picking up the same pencil and dropping it again. Not to mention, Jennie had dropped her things with a smirk and an 'oops' before crouching down to pick both their things up. 

Tzuyu was dumbfounded, her mouth ajar as Jungkook snatches his limb out of her grasp, picking up Lisa's severely damaged pen by the amount of times she'd dropped it and handing it to her. "You look nice today." 

With out another word, he treks down the hallway, up the stairs and straight to Jin's room, trying to be excited to meet Cousin Red who lay inanimately on the floor. 

Later, Lisa and Jungkook had been assigned dusting duty while the rest of them were excavating their rooms of unnecessary junk. All 8 of them worked methodically, working together on one room and then moving to the next one. It just seemed to move faster that way. 

"Wait." She mumbles, catching his hand as the rest of them filtered out. It couldn't be a coincidence that Jisoo winked and closed the door on her way to the next room. 

"Did I miss a spot ?" He asks, looking at the freshly dusted shelves. 

"No, no, it isn't that." She tugs his arm again, getting him to look at her though she looks at his hand which was in both of hers. 

It took every fiber of his being to not hold it back. 

"Why did you punch him ?" She asks. "This morning ?"

"You're my girlfriend ?" He says, though it comes out as more of a question. He was slightly irritated at her. What did she expect him to do? Stand there and watch her be touched ?

"I'm your girlfriend." She says, saying it clear for him. He felt his irritation rise, as he thought back to him confronting Tzuyu. Why weren't they laughing and happy now ? He fixed the problem. 

"Then act like it."

The words tumbled out of his mouth before he could stop them, and he stares at her, genuinely cursing himself for putting his life at stake.

She drops the feather duster, letting it thud on the floor as her angry brown eyes looked, for once, like a bear about to chop his head off. She launched forward, nearly making him tumble. She slammed a kiss on his lips, her eyes closed with her eyebrows slightly furrowed. He only knew this information because his eyes were wide open in shock. 

Slowly, his arms wrapped around her waist, but he remained numb, not sure exactly what to do. Finally, she ripped apart from him, lightly shoving his chest in anger and stalking out of the room, tugging the door close.

He stood there in the center of the room, feather duster still in hand, with his mouth agape. 

His shirt was crumpled as a result of her hands fisting in them, and one or two of the buttons had popped out, his hair too messy to be considered his normal attire, and he knew for a fact if he went out like this, his friends would get the wrong impression. 

By then, he realized what just happened. 

She kissed him senseless.