Chapter 14 ~ Partners

Taehyung's POV ~

I swat at the alarm clock by my nightstand, letting my hand crash down on top of it. As the sound ceases to ring again, Jimin pulls my hand like he usually does, pulling me off the warm mattress.

"I'm up, I'-" A giant yawn escapes my lips, "I'm up," I say, stretching my arms above my head. Taking a quick shower and stuffing materials into my satchel, I walk outside where Jimin's waiting for me. Letting out a huge yawn, I put a hand around his shoulder and walk along the pavement towards the classrooms.

"This is where we must part ways," Jimin says, dramatically reaching towards me.

"I know, darling. But I must leave. It's for your own good," I reenact as he smiles and walks to the opposite room. I open the door, spotting Jisoo and Jen, setting my satchel down next to them with them.

"Hey," I say, drowsiness coating my voice.

"Still tired ?" Jen says amusedly.

"A little bit "

"Just a little ?" She teases.

"Just a little," I confirm, letting the first smile of my day take over my stony features.

"Attention !" The professor snaps, jerking her head towards an uninterested Jennie. "You will have to go to a horror film and capture how the director composes fear and mysteriousness in frames. Look on the board for your partners. That'll be all." She finishes.

"What are we supposed to do for 45 minutes ?" Jisoo asks.

"You can just chat. It seems like you can't get enough of that while I'm talking, so I might as well give you the time now," She says, shooting another sharp glance at Jennie. I start to get out of my seat, wanting to go towards the board, but I feel Jennie grab my wrist. Hiding my wide smile before turning back to her, I struggle to keep the nervousness out of my voice.

"Hmm?" I say.

"Can you check my partner for me ?" she asks, yawning in the middle. I smile inwardly at her charm, nodding.

"And mine too !" I hear Jisoo chime. I nod again, this time allowing a low chuckle to escape my lips. Walking to the board, the crowd dissipated, having arrived early. Having no trouble finding my way to the chart, I skim through the list, searching for three names. I smile as two of the three align perfectly with each other and the other one lines up with.......Suho. I trudge back to my seat, reluctant to tell Jisoo her fate.

"Well ?" Jisoo asks nervously. I wince apologetically as she seems to understand, "It's him, isn't it ?"

"Yeah....sorry," I say, stuffing my hands in my pockets. She nods indifferently, thoroughly revolted when she accidentally catches Suho's gaze. As Jen tugs on my sleeves, I shake my head, slightly startled.

"How 'bout me ?"

"We're safe," I say subtly.

"Partners ?" She asks, holding her hand up for a high-five. When my hand meets hers, "Nice !" She says. "I was worried I'd be with someone I didn't know."

~ Cut to the evening ~

I climb down the dormitory's stairs, as I reach the bottom of the stairwell when Jen does. " Perfect timing," I say, gazing at my phone, reading the time. "We should go," I say.

"For what, the credits ?" She looks back at me, her hair flowing sweetly behind her, contradicting nature as the harsh wind makes everyone else look monstrous.

"You have a point," I say as she nods at her statement.

"You wanna do something fun ?" She asks, the glint in her eyes made my heart flutter. "Let's get ice cream !" She says, trying to drag me over to the store. I smile, grasping her hand instead as I rush over to the parlor. "Ahh, the temperature..." she continues.

"Too cold ?" I ask.

"Nah," She says happily, "Too perfect." A fond smile grows on her face as she turns to me.

"Wait here !" After talking to the cashier for quite some time, she comes back with two cones, each one elaborately decorated. My eyes widen at the sight of them as she lets her tongue run over her bottom lip, letting it glisten under the dim lights of the parlor. "Let's go ?" she asks, handing one of the cones to me. I nod, walking alongside her to the car garage.

I fish my keys out of my pockets as I unlock the car doors, getting in easily, slipping on my seatbelt. As she gets in, she wears a sheepish smile, turning to me.

"Could you hold this for me ?" She asks. I take the cone, watching as she puts on her seatbelt and takes both cones from my hands. At my confused look, she rolls her eyes at me, "You weren't planning on driving with an ice cream cone in your hand, were you ?" I shake my head, looking behind me as I back out of the parking space. Minutes later, I park untroubled and step out of the car, helping her out of the seatbelt. As she hands my ice cream to me, she hops out of the seat, shutting the car door behind her.

Walking into the theaters, we hand in our tickets and head into the matching room for the movie. She hesitates slightly in front of the door muttering, "Dear God, I've always prayed to you. If you let me down now, I'll never spare another glance at you." She says, looking up at the ceiling. Laughing, I open the door for her as she prays all the way to her seat.

Halfway through the movie ~

As the movie's grim colors reflect across her tear-streaked face, she starts biting the waffle cone, having finished the ice cream that once filled it.

"You okay ?" I ask, trying to keep the laughter out of my whisper.

"No! I just lost someone," She says lazily turning off her phone when it quietly buzzes.

"Who ?" I ask, shocked. "A family member ?"

"God! I ain't never worshipping him again! I prayed for years and years, and this is what I got.." She says, trying to wipe the tears away. Each time she tries to push one away, another falls from her eyes, eventually causing her to give up.