Chapter 52 ~ Guilty Lies

3rd Person's POV ~ 

"My legs are burning..." Lisa groans, marching forward with Jungkook and Jisoo as they each trudge to the gym ; each more tired than the previous one. 

"From what ? We haven't even started exercising." Jisoo groans, stretching her arm and wincing when a sharp crack resounds from her shoulder. 

"Don't even try to argue." Jungkook scoffs. "It won't stop her." 

"Why do your legs even hurt ? You have better stamina than me." Jisoo cocks her eyebrows at a sheepish Lisa. 

"Stairs....shoe..." She mumbles a sentence, only those two words audible. 

"Sorry, what ?" Jungkook starts to grin. She slaps his hand that was grazing casually against the back of hers. 

"Shut it." 

"No, no, I'd like to hear this." He continues to tease, nudging her shoulder as she swats him away. 

"I told you already..." She starts to blush. "Stairs." 

"Oh, because that explains everything." Jisoo scowls sarcastically. "What about them ?" 

"I-I tripped. From the top."

"And you just sorta rolled all the way down ?" He laughs beside her. She shoots an amused glare at him, nodding in hopes of gaining a chunk of sympathy. "Like a fucking cartoon character ?" 

"I didn't roll. I tumbled." She winces, cracking a muscle. "There's no doubt I'll have bruises." 

She spots another flight of stairs that obscure their way and angrily walks over, mind you she walks as slowly as she had before, and kicks the foot of them. "Payback." She murmurs proudly. 

She chomps down on her lip, slightly limping as the words cease in the trio's conversation, yet that seems to make it a thousand times more amusing. 

"Idiot." She grumbles at him beside her when he fails to stifle a laugh. 

"It hurts doesn't it ?" Jisoo grins, a glint in her eye. 

"No." She wavers, sending a concerned glance at her right foot. 

"Yeah, right." Jungkook smirks, flicking her head and walking faster with Jisoo at which point Lisa couldn't match their pace.

"Okay, fine, fine ! It hurts !" She calls, immediately earning Jisoo and Jungkook back at her side. 

"You could've just admitted it." He laughs beside her, patting her shoulder comfortingly. 

"I'm dying." She wails dramatically, leaning on Jisoo who chuckles good heartedly and catches Lisa's nimble body flailing through the air. 

"Hey, I forgot to ask you two, how di-" Jisoo starts, a sudden flicker of realization coming over her. 

"Everybody inside !" The coach barks over the teams that were huddling into the gym door. "It's blistering hot outside and not enough budget goes to air conditioning." He grumbles. His assistant meekly tries to hold open the heavy door, his clipboard clutched to his chest as if it was a bulletproof material. He stumbles repeatedly, his lanky body struggling to fare against the metal door. 

Jungkook's finger slides above his hand with ease, making the student look around for the reason why the door suddenly weighed nothing. "I can hold it." He reassures, waving away the profuse 'thank you's and 'I'm so sorry's that the boy wouldn't stop mumbling. 

Jisoo walks in without a glance at him, but Lisa is another story. She walks incredibly slowly, her toe touching the pavement like time had stopped. 

"Hurry up." He smirks at her. She grins back at him, her gym bag slung carelessly around her finger.

"Be patient. I'm injured." She hushes. He grows amused, watching her slowly inch her way inside, a small ant outrunning her into the cracks of the tiled pavement outside the building. 

"What are you so slow for ?!" The coach barks at her, making her eyes lose some of the mischievous twinkle. "You didn't get on the team for nothing !" He shouts. Jungkook bites down on his lip to prevent himself from laughing out loud as Lisa scurries inside, her 'injury' proving to be no trouble as she hobbles to Jisoo faster than he does. 

"Back to your old speed, huh ?" He winks at Lisa, making Jisoo grin. 

"I'll show you speed, motherfuc-" 

"Warm ups !" The coach barks. "Now ! Get in pairs !" 

Jisoo starts to get up to partner up with the shy girl from the team who'd always buddied up with her, but realizes that the girl had taken a sick leave. Lisa had noticed, gently tugging her to sit back down against the gym floor. "It's fine, coach won't notice." Lisa waves away her concern. "We'll just be a group of three." 

Again, the spark of realization comes back to Jisoo's dark eyes. "How'd your date go ? I never really got to ask." She says. 

Jungkook barely shoots a glance at Lisa before understanding the message she'd tried to convey. Things were resolved, but still tense between the group of friends, and they'd rather not bring it up now. "I guess it was okay." He says. 

"'Okay' ?" She raises a sharp eyebrow at him. "That's it ?" 

"What else is he supposed to say ?" Lisa asks, playing along. 

"You too ?" Jisoo rounds on her, utterly surprised. "I hope you two woul-- Nevermind." She shakes her head. 

"Don't sweat it." Jungkook reassures. "We're still friends, right ?" He asks Lisa. When she nods, he continues. "We just don't see each other that way." He shrugs carelessly. 

Suddenly, he felt a sharp jab at his shoulder. "Do you really think I wouldn't know if you were lying ?" She demands. "You're literally my brother." 

"While that's sweet of you, I'm not lying." 

"Then why do you seem different ?" She squints at him. 

"In what way ?" 

"I don't know...You just seem weird." She deducts. 

"We're both just put off." Lisa jumps in, earning a thankful glance from him. 

"If you guys are sure..." She drawls, switching between looking at both of them. "If you guys are happy with your decision, it's fine, but if you're pulling my leg, just tell me now." 

Nobody says anything. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*A/N:

Please, PLEASE, comment ! 

I really miss your reactions and I really like talking to you guys !