Chapter 7 ~ Ungodly Hour of the Morning

Jungkook's POV ~

"Deal," I say, taking her hand. She smiles heartily at me, letting go of my cold hand.

"Run a lap." She says simply.

"What ?"

"Run. I want to know what you're bad at."

"Ha," I scoff arrogantly, "I'm not bad at anything."

"Which is why I'm here to help you. Your head's so far up your ass that you think everything about you is perfect. Fortunately, I know better." She smiles sweetly, pointing at the track, "Run."

I sigh, walking regrettably to the starting line. With a heavy heart, I glance at her as she clicks the stopwatch. I propel forward, my hair blown off my forehead. Returning to her, panting with my hands on my knees, she clicks the stopwatch again, still looking curiously at me. She merely looks at the stopwatch and puts it back around her neck, limping away from me. She turns her head at me, smiling.

"Aren't you coming ?" She cocks her head to the side, and I run after her, easily meeting my destination.

"Where ?"

"Let's just walk back to the dorms." She limps on, keeping my pace. I watch her feet as they fall behind and hastily catch up with mine.

"Do you want me to walk a bit slower ?"

"Nope. Walk faster. That'll help me."

"How's that supposed to work ?" I scowl.

"It helps build stamina. I need that."

"Not while you're in a cast."

"Fine, fine." She gives in.

The moment I walk slower, she lets out a sigh like her troubles have been lifted off her. Her breathing starts to get easier, and her body is more relaxed. We get to the dorms where we have to part ways. She turns to me sharply, the friendly smile replaced with a strict gaze.

"4 a.m. Meet me at the track. Don't be late," She says. My eyes nearly pop out of their sockets as I glance at my watch.

"Are you stupid? It's already 1:00! I'll only have 3 hours of sleep !"

"Do I look like I care? Everything you'll be putting into this, I'll be putting twice that amount," She says, unfazed as she limps away from my sight.

"Just because she beat me once... Does she have to ruin my college days ?" I say to myself, frustrated.

4:00 at the track ~ ( Get it ? 4 o'clock ? Seriously, it's a great song. )

( Still Jungkook's POV ) ~

My alarm goes off as my hand pulls the plug, slamming irritably against the top of the blaring device.

"As if I was even asleep to be woken up," I muttered sourly. I look out the window, gazing at the moonlit track. She's already there... She really meant it.....

I trudge to the bathroom, changing to my track uniform, slipping into my sneakers. I close the door as loud as possible, hoping someone would wake up and tell me not to go. As I reach the track, I walk to the bench where she's staring at her phone. Her ears perk up as she hears me coming. She raises one eyebrow, daring me to speak. Just to be safe, I don't.

"You're late," She says, showing me her phone, "By ten minutes." When I don't say anything, she simply puts her phone away and grabs that damned stopwatch again.

"Run." She says.

"That's it? I don't get any punishment ?" I ask, surprised.

"Did I say how much you had to run ?" She asks, interrogating me.

"How much ?" I ask, wincing beforehand, dreading the answer.

"3 miles," She says calmly, clicking her stopwatch. I don't run but just stare at her incredulously.

"3 miles ?" I ask unamused, "Is that supposed to be a joke ?"

"No," She shakes her head at me. She glances at the stopwatch, smirking a bit. "You better hurry. I'm timing you."

"I'm not running 3 miles !" I say indignantly.

"Okay," She says, an overly sweet smile plastered on her face as she doesn't divert her gaze from me. Rolling my eyes irritably at her, I trudge heavily to the track, starting the first lap of many.

"One of these days you're going to kill me," I mutter.

25 minutes later ~

I collapse at her feet, sweat dripping from my hair.

"You okay ?" She asks.

"No! My legs are burning!"

"Oh, just that ?" she smiles slightly as she spots the disbelief on my face, "You'll be fine."

"Time ?" I ask, panting and sitting down on the bench.

"25 minutes." She says. I smile proudly, raising my eyebrows at her.

"Did better than you thought I would, didn't I ?"

"You did worse than me. Pipe down," She says, pushing down my victory.

"Are we done for the day ?"

"That was the warm-up," She looks at me incredulously, "You couldn't handle that ?"

I feel the anger rise up as I grit my teeth and answer her. "I could. I can handle twice that amount."

"Good," she says, clearing the number on her stopwatch. "The normal warm-up would've been 1 mile. But it seems like you weren't too intent on time management."

"What do I have to do now ?"

"Carry that backpack and run 2 laps." She says handing me some water.

"Why? There's no weightlifting competition in the track championships... Thought you of all people would've known that."

"I do. Regardless, training isn't just running. So carry that," She says, cocking her head to the bag.

"No. I won't be pushed around !"

"What did you think me being your coach meant? Don't you want to be the best? Don't you want to show everybody you've beaten me ?" She asks.

"Yes," I grunt, grabbing the backpack. As soon as I lift it, the weight surprises me and I drop it back down. She looks up from the stopwatch knowingly.

"Something wrong ?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all." I grunt.