Chapter 98 ~ A Cute Note

3rd Person's POV ~ 

His alarm rang at about 10:30 in the morning, and he hisses at it, pulling the plug after trying to go WWE on it didn't work. 

He crept quietly into his bathroom, his brows furrowing at the sight of Lisa's slender body thrown haphazardly on his bed. When he came home last night after running errands, she was passed out clean in his sweatshirt, and he could've sworn that wasn't the position she'd slept in. 

He thought better of it and simply brushed his teeth, the bristles combing sharply against his gums and whitening his smile. He strips of his sweatshirt and boxers, hopping in the shower and hopping out on the cold tiles of the bathroom floor 30 minutes later. He slips on a shirt and jeans, wincing when his towel drops on the floor with a slap against the tiles. 

He didn't know why he was trying to be so quiet, but he supposed he wanted to leave without getting bombarded with questions. Again when he came out of the bathroom adjusting the cuffs of his shirt, he frowns at Lisa's body which had turned in the blanket, looking like spaghetti around a fork. "Is it to cold or something ?" He mutters, opening his closet and grabbing his giant winter blanket out. 

He tugs the relatively thin one off her, feeling bad when she whimpers and tries to hold on to it before he remembers to push the thicker blanket over her. She cracks a small content smile before hugging a large yellow bun-

"When did that get there ?" He mutters at the sight of the large stuffed animal in her arms. 

He shakes his head, convinced he must be going mad and walking out the door and closing it with the softest sound imaginable. While walking to the kitchen,  he spotted his sweatshirt on the couch as if somebody had gotten too hot while wearing it and stripped it off. He squinted it at, eyes widening when he figured out it was the same one she'd been wearing last night. He peeks through the crack of the door, noticing the small camisole she had on, and shuts the palisade again. 

He walks by the kitchen, prepared to pour cereal into a bowl before spotting a note with a plate of elegantly styled food. 

Eat it.

The note was vague, and he wracked his brain, trying to think of who it was. The person who wrote it was smart, printing the message out on a small rectangular cut out of paper instead of writing it, and something clicked in his head. 

He'd only told Lisa that he was going to visit his mother. Nobody else knew. 

He glanced at his watch, feeling guilty as he peers at the food. "I'm running late." He murmurs, moving to walk out the hallway. Jisoo's hand encircles his wrist, tugging him back. "Eat it." She says, unknowingly reciting the message of the note. 

"What ?"

"She woke up at like 2 am to freak out over her less than decent cooking skills."

"How do you know ?"

"I was the only one who didn't pass out drunk last night, so naturally, I heard her." She shrugs. "She made this for you." She jabs at his chest. "You better eat it. She didn't even take into account that she can't eat spicy food before trying a bit to make sure it was edible." She scoffs at the sleeping girl's stupidity. 

And that's how he ended up getting to his mother's house, nicely fed and inordinately guilty. 

He pressed the key into the elegant crystal doorknob, scowling at the grandiose of the item as he pushes the door open. He locks it behind him, greeting his mom in a warm hug before peering past her into the hallway where chatter was coming from. 

"How many people are here ?" He asks. "You told me it was only your friends."

"I'm not you, honey. I have lots of friends." 

"Thanks, mom." He says sarcastically. "You're the biggest source of positivity in my life."

She thwacks his shoulder before remembering, "Oh, could you drive back and bring Lisa with you ?"

"Why ?"

"Because my friends want to meet her !" 

"She's tired, mom, let her sleep."

His mother's phone pings, and she pulls it out, showing him Lisa's reply to her question. "You asked her to come ?" He asks his mother, somehow not too surprised. 

"And what was her reply ?" She asks smugly, forcing him to read out Lisa's polite answer of 'yes, I'd love to. When is it ?'. 

"So what do you want me to do ?" He asks. 

"Drive her over here."

"You know what ?" He snatches his keys off the mantle. "Fine. But make it clear to your friends that they're not allowed to make fun of her." 

"I don't make friends with those kinds of people." 

"You're right." He nods. "They try and make friends with you. Don't think too highly of them. Remember what that pea sized woman said about Jisoo ?" 

"And I slapped her for that." His mother shrugs. "Anyone that talks about people I care about that way will meet the same fate. And that includes someone who talks inappropriately about Lisa." 

He stares at her while she stares back, her gaze sending him a message that was something along the lines of, 'Well, the fuck are you waiting for ?'. He sighs and marches back out the door, not surprised that his mother was suddenly showering him with praise and 'I love you so much, I knew you'd agree !'s. 

"Remember." He says. "No one's allowed to say anything rude about her."