Chapter 34 ~ What Dance ?

3rd Person's POV ~

(In Jungkook's room) 

A sleeping boy lay in the crumpled sheets of his mattress, blissfully unaware.  

When he was asleep, he lay as still as a brick. The only movement was the slight rise and fall of his chest. It was hard to imagine that this was the same boy that tore around from sun up to sun down, terrorizing his friends and enemies alike, putting spiders in his Jin's hair and salt in Jisoo's coffee. 

In sleep he was angelic, his face as fresh as a dew drop, making gentle snuffling noises as he breathed. Chest rising and falling rhythmically, slow breathing, warm under duvet, rapid eye movement, dreaming, he remains stuck in the land of faraway imagination. 

That was until-

Splash

"Ahwck-!" He chokes sputtering as the water crawls down his throat. He stammers and shouts in irritation, brushing a hand through his hair and violently rubbing the droplets off his sun kissed face. "What is wrong with you ?!" 

"Rise and shine." Jin drawls sarcastically, leaning on the wall with an empty glass that was dripping against the carpet. The leak from the cup didn't bother him, though, seeing as he only seemed interested in scrutinizing his nails. 

"Oh, how sweet." The drenched boy scowls, pushing his fluffy ink black sheets aside and grabbing the clothes he'd set for himself last night upon the nightstand. 

He heads into the bathroom, cupping his hand under the shiny faucet and letting a decent amount of water fill up in his grasp. He puts the clothes on the counter, walking out and throwing it at Jin's would be astonished face before shutting the door and brushing his teeth. 

The bristles poked obnoxiously against his gums as the tip of his tongue ran over his newly pearly whites. He strips of the shirt and boxers that he had slipped on before his head had hit his pillow some 8 hours ago.

He steps into the shower, his toes flinching as they touched the chilled ceramic floor. His mind was in shreds; His morning so far wasn't what he'd expected. He turns the dial, old and metallic, releasing thousands of lukewarm drops, darkening his unruly hair. 

After several minutes pass by like seconds, his toes step off the ceramic, wrapping the towel around himself and pressing on his skin. The fabric absorbed the warm water right off him, and he lets it rest against his shoulders as he shoves on a pair of black jeans, and soon, a simple white shirt who's sleeves had barely inched past his elbows. His hair had retained some of the moisture and steam, the towel stealing all of it and leaving it healthy dry. 

"Idiot." He growls, slapping Jimin's amused face with the towel. He snatches is satchel off the counter, slinging it over his shoulder and chucking his towel through the open doorway of his room. 

"That's what you get for not waking up." Taehyung mutters heartlessly. 

"What's up with him ?"

"He's busy agonizing over asking his girlfriend out to the dance." 

"I swear, if you call her that one more time, I will rip you to shreds."

"You sure he's not on his man period or something ?" Lisa asks, getting a small smile out of the disgruntled boy. 

"I'm not, Lisa, thanks for the concern." He says sarcastically. 

"Wait, back up, there's a dance ?" Jungkook asks. Lisa nods while the others look unimpressed at his jibe. 

"Yeah. He wants to ask Jennie, and he's ignored the only person in this dorm who has a girlfriend." Jin smirks. 

"I have one too." Jimin frowns.