Chapter 70 ~ Confrontations

3rd Person's POV ~ 

"Oh, Daniel's here." Jihyo blushes, rushing over to him after shooting a cold glare at a certain someone. Sehun had chosen to leave in secrecy (He was long gone before Tzuyu started to spit insults at Lisa.)

"I should get going." Lisa says, standing up and putting the jacket on.

"Where ?"

"None of your business." Lisa says, finally letting the anger seep through every crack of her voice.

"No need to be a bitch." 

"Lead by example." 

Lisa was about to turn around and march to the dorms, but she spotted a figure under the lampposts that were scattered near the café. "Lisa !" Jungkook calls, covering a brilliantly handsome smile when he sees Tzuyu off to the side. 

"I see you got the jacket." He says, pointing at the royal blue of the sweatshirt she had on. 

"Let me lend you something." Tzuyu smiles at him. 

"What ?" He asks, shoving her talon like nails off his shoulder. 

"Maybe I'll lend you my bra the next time you get cold." Lisa imitates, resting her soft palm on him. 

His lips twitch in an amused smile, but he kindly refuses her offer, not bothering to take her hand off his shoulder. Tzuyu, however, decides to rip her hand off for him. "What was that for ?" He snaps. "She isn't bothering me."

"She's bothering me." She snarls. 

"Oh really ?" Lisa asks mischievously. She walks closer to Jungkook and grabs his face, kissing his cheek. "Does that bother you ?"

He was blushing fire red, but was able to get himself under control and push Tzuyu away. "Listen, can we just be peaceful for once ?" He requests. 

"Hmm ?"

"Not friends." He warns. "But even strangers are nicer to each other than we are." 

"I'm plenty nice." Tzuyu says. 

"Yeah, it's you that's the problem." Lisa punches his shoulder. "Where have your lady manners gone too ?"

Again, he tries to suppress his smile but has to put more effort this time around. "Sorry, I must've forgotten them at home."

"Well then let's go find them." Lisa grabs his hand, shoves it in the sweatshirt pocket, and rounds on her heel. 

"May I come with you ?" Tzuyu calls from behind. 

"N-," Jungkook starts before Lisa squeezes his hand. He wasn't used to this. Holding hands, I mean. They rarely even hugged in front of their friends, how had she gone to two extremes in a span of 24 hours ? 

"Now, what did I just say ?" Lisa adopts a stern tone, stopping, letting go of his hand, and tapping her foot against the pavement. "Manners."

"Sorry." He grins before turning back to Tzuyu sourly. "Yeah, whatever. I guess you can come." 

"Good." She smiles promptly her high heels clicking promptly against the ground. 

"If I closed my eyes, she'd sound like a crab clacking it's pincers." Jungkook mutters into Lisa's ear discretely. 

"Let's go." She says, unable to keep the laughter out of her voice.

Though the trio walked together, Jungkook and Lisa tended to keep their distance from her, talking amongst themselves and laughing and talking in hushed whispers until they got to a topic that even Lisa couldn't smile about. 

"Anyway, it's a good thing you got the jacket. She looked suspicious when she'd said she'd help me." 

"What did you ask her to do ?" Lisa asks softly, no longer spitting out witty comments. His brows furrow for a moment, but he continues. 

"I just asked her to give you the jacket."

"Sorry to ask this, did you say she could wear it if she got cold on the way ?" She asks. "Because that's really sweet of you." 

"No." He blurts. "I'd never say that." 

Between you and me, that's the answer Lisa wanted. 

"Then why was she wearing it ?"

"She was what ?"

"Yeah. When she came to the literature session. She wore it and made it sound like you guys went on a date." 

"I was in detention the whole time, I sent you a video." He starts to get defensive. 

"No, no, of course it's not your fault. I'm not the least bit mad it at you. On the contrary, the whole jacket thing is....actually pretty sweet." 

Before he managed to comprehend the words she'd said, she ran up the staircase and left him behind with Tzuyu. "You coming ?" She calls from the top. 

He hesitates before answering. "You go, I'll come in a couple minutes." She gives him a whole hearted salute and a smile before disappearing further up the staircase. 

"Did you want to talk to me ?" Tzuyu giggles. 

"Actually, yes." 

She looked so surprised, that she started to stutter and malfunction. "W-what did you want to say to me ?"

"Nothing you'll like."

"Go on."

"Stop picking on Lisa." 

"What ?"

"She doesn't need me to fight her battles, and I respect that, but I have to make an exception this time. I trusted you." He says, anger surging through his brilliant dark eyes. "I tried to be nice to you, and this is what I get ?"

"No, I-,"

"I worked hard to get this relationship going. It isn't going to end because of you. So in all due respect, stay away from her." 

"What about you ?"

"I don't really care. Bother me as much as you want. Only me. Not her. You understand ?"

"I--Yes." She sighs. 

Without another word, Jungkook walks up the stairs, hands shoved in his pockets as he spots 6 figures in the mini theater of their dorm. He pushes open the door and spots her pacing around in the living room, far away from the sound of laughter. 

"What happene-" 

He cut her off, his hands drifting out of his pockets and taking her to him, his chin rested contentedly on her head. 

"Sorry." She mumbles into his shoulder. "I trust you the most, I didn't mean to accuse you of anything."

"No, you were right." He mumbles. "I didn't think it through. She's maniacal-"

"Shut up, Soft Boy."

"Hm ?" He smiles in amusement. 

"Shut up and hug me."