Chapter 43 ~ Nervous

3rd Persons' POV ~ 

"Is he okay ?" Lisa mutters between Jisoo and two other girls who were sitting in front, facing them. She fiddles with the food on her tray mindlessly, a slight pout gracing her lips. Her long silly hair curtained the side of her face as the tip of her nose peeks past, making the puffiness of her cheeks stand out more. 

The cafeteria is a cacophony of loud chatter, each table a cosseted huddle of people raising their voices to be heard above the din. The food is secondary to the information that is exchanged there. Over the salted fries, alliances are formed and gossip traded like poker chips. As students stand in the queue for their plate of nothing fresh, they cast their eyes about as if in a wandering daydream, but they're really taking note of who associates with who. If they're going to get the information they need, it's imperative that they make the right introductions, know who to snub and who to flatter.

"Don't care." Jisoo dismisses. 

"Tch. I'm serious !" Lisa insists. Jennie sighs, putting down her fork which she'd wanted to stab herself in the eyes with to ignore Jimin and the last girl that completed the quartet. 

"I'm sure he's fine." She smiles kindly. "He's probably just nervous. Every bit as you are." She says pointedly, making the girl beside her snap her attention to the group. 

"Nervous ? For what ?" Chaeyoung asks. 

"They're going on a date." Jisoo grins, nudging Lisa's shoulder playfully. She pretends as though it hadn't happened. 

"Really ?" The girl turns on Jimin. "You're close with him, what do you think ? Is he just stressed or something ?"

"Jen's right. He's just weirdly nervous." 

"What do you mean 'weirdly' nervous." Lisa's eyes narrow at him before a look of curiosity clouds over her features. "Has he been on other dates?"

"Oh yeah, loads." He says, dodging a blow from his girlfriend. "Only because we've forced him to go on them, though." 

"How did he act then ?" Lisa leans forward, her interest suddenly peaking. "Was he nervous ?"

"Ha," He scoffs. "Not at all. He only went so that those girls didn't feel bad."

"Did any of them call him back ?"

"I'm sure they wanted to." He muses, reassuring her. "But he made it politely clear that he wasn't interested."

"How ?" 

"Why'd you want to know ?"

"So I can know if he's not interested in me." 

"He's probably shit his pants in excitement." He laughs. "Don't worry. He's definitely looking forward to you."

"But how can I know for sure ? I don't want to make a fool out of myself." 

"Yeah, that's my job !" Jisoo says indignantly. She cracks a brief smile before insisting again. 

"He asked me to pinch him this morning, and when I did, he said, 'Holy fuck, it wasn't a dream'." He snorts, popping a fry in his mouth. "He's whipped." 

"Where is he ?"

"Probably back at the dorms. Classes are over anyway." He shrugs. 

Lisa grabs her bag, lifting her leg over the bench and slinging the sack over her shoulder. "Bye." She mutters before shuffling quickly against the cafeteria floor. She runs out of the school campus, running to the girl's dormitory and clambering noisily up the stairs. She swings the door open, chucking her bag on the otherwise tidy white couch, drifting her room and ripping open her closet. 

"What should I wear, what should I wear, what should I wear....." She murmurs frantically, rifling through her largely unused stack of clothing. "Nothing ! How is there nothing that looks good ?!" She says loudly, looking disdainfully at her abundant pile of sweats she'd saved for wearing when she's home alone. 

She hears the click of the door open, and sighs, letting Jisoo walk in knowingly. "Need help ?" She grins amusedly. 

"Desperately." She groans, nodding. The slightly shorter girl walks into the closet, grimacing at the heap of freshly washed clothes. 

"Didn't I tell you to fold those ?" She scowls. 

"I will. Later." 

"I'm not dumb enough to believe that," The girl mutters, her finger tapping against her chin as she looks at the casual dresses slung on hangers. 

She reaches out, grabbing a short yellow minidress that was adorned with a floral pattern, a slight v-neck shaping the top hem of the cloth. The waistline was tight, and the sleeves were short and flowy, the wide distance from the bust to the shoulder showing off her collarbones. 

"This would look great on you." Jisoo nods, pushing the cloth against Lisa's body and taking a step back to look at her recommendation. "Your hair is a really pretty shade of brown, I think it would go really well with this." 

"I don't care about the logistics, I only care about not looking like a fool."

"That can't be your standard." Jisoo grimaces. "Well, I can't change that....." She looks the tall girl up and down. "But that," she points to the lazy shirt slung over Lisa's upper body. "That's another story."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Like it ?" Jisoo smiles, handing the girl on the chair a small mirror. 

"Jesus, I look like a completely different person." Lisa says. 

"All I did was put a small tint on your lips." Jisoo rolls her eyes, slipping the mirror out of her hands and gathering long, slightly curly brunette curls in her hands, sifting through the small tangles. "I think I've done a pretty good job with you." She claps proudly. 

Lisa lifts herself off the chair, tugging down the dress. "It's supposed to be like that !" Jisoo shouts, pulling it up slightly. 

"It's so short !" 

"It reaches mid-thigh !" 

"Fine, idiot !" She snaps back, hugging her goodbye anyway and ignoring Jisoo's crude comment ("Nobody can resist me.") and walking out the door. 

She tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear, dropping her phone into the slit at the side of the skirt. "Thank god this thing has pockets." She smiles gratefully, flouncing down the stairs and nearly slipping when she tries to jump one. 

The stair had been slightly slippery from the dewy morning as trees often obnoxiously dripped all over the staircases, their twigs littered across. Her foot skids forward, and her heart drops, her hands frantically trying to grab onto something. 

Her eyes clench closed, her long hair marking her as a banner for being an idiot. Her hands were outstretched, waiting to slam against the ground and the pain to singe her body. 

Fortunately, the sting of the twigs on the ground never dug into her soft palms. 

Because someone had caught her.