Chapter 17 ~ Tear-Stricken Movie Theater

Meanwhile with Taennie ~

Taehyung's POV ~

"No! I just lost someone," She says lazily turning off her phone when it quietly buzzes.

"Who ?" I ask, shocked. "A family member ?"

"God! I ain't never worshipping him again! I prayed for years and years, and this is what I got.." She says, trying to wipe the tears away. Each time she tries to push one away, another falls from her eyes, eventually causing her to give up. I snicker quietly, wiping the tears off her cheeks. I watch the movie, turning to her every time something scary appears on the screen. Each time, she lets out an ocean of silent tears, no sound coming out of her yet her face is swollen into a cute form as she tries to stop crying. Her tears stain spots of her clothing, her hands tired from wiping her face.

"Do you have a tissue ?" She says, a sniffle or two interrupting her.

"No, I'm sorry," I say, forcing myself not to smile.

She shifts in her seat a little, finally taking my hand in both of hers. "Do you mind ?" She asks me.

"No," I say, curiously. She continues to grasp my hand throughout the movie, raising butterflies in my stomach every time she presses my hand in fear.

As the credits start to play and the lights get brighter, I start to get up, realizing that Jennie's glued to her seat. I tap her shoulder, trying to get her to stand. "The movie's over," I say as she blinks twice and skyrockets out of her seat. She walks slowly in front of me as we're the last ones to exit the theater. We start to walk back along the long hallway, occasionally hearing sounds from other movies. When we hear a rather horrible scream out of a particular auditorium, she stops in her tracks, making me bump into her.

"What ?" I ask.

"What if someone's going to attack me ?" She says, pushing the doors of the building and carefully walking out, looking every which way for monsters. I cover my laughter with an exasperated sigh as she prays with one eye open.

"No one's going to attack you," I say, flicking her head lightly. "Let's go."

"How can you be sure ?" She asks, running extremely fast once she realizes I'm not next to her. I turn her around, wrapping my arms around her from behind. At the moment of contact, my stomach seems to explode with every living creature inside it trampling me.

"There." I blurt, "Now no one will be able to attack you," I say, walking forward as she stops me, leaning into my body.

"What if they come from the front ?" She asks frantically. I roll my eyes at her antics, only slightly surprised that she hadn't paid any attention to how close we were. I release her, just slinging an arm over her shoulders as we walk past the barely lit sidewalk.

"I'll take care of them," I say as we start to see the bare outlines of the dorm buildings. "See? We're almost there," I comfort her. A minute later, she was finally able to stop the flow of her tears, her eyes still adorably red and puffy.

"I bet I looked scarier than anything I was scared of," She says, pointing to her face and laughing at herself. I smile slightly replaying her flabbergasted face every time she'd ask how much more of the movie she'd had to endure.

"You looked cute," I say truthfully as she flashes a teary smile at me, scoffing as she touches her face.

"Just to complete the night....my bloated face," she says.

As we reach the stairwells to each dorm, she hesitates to climb up the stairs, turning back to me sheepishly.

"Do you mind ?" She asks, "I'm still scared." She says, hiding a sniffle or two. I nod, heavily amused by her. Walking up the stairs, I notice that the stairs are scarcely decorated with leaves and twigs here and there.

"Is it always like this ?" I ask her as she avoids a cluster of leaves.

"Pretty much," She says, repeatedly kicking a single twig, "But I like it that way. There's a huge tree by the dorm so whenever it's windy it just sorta breaks down. Little by little," She says, climbing the final set of stairs to get to her dorm. We walk down the long hallway to her dorm as she turns to me with the key in her hand. "Sorry to make you walk back by yourself though," she states, avoiding my gaze at any cost, "I didn't consider that you might've been scared too."

"It's okay," I say as she nods with a slightly guilty smile on her face.

"Thanks anyway," She says. I smile at her walking backward. As I take the first step back, I step on a twig, scaring her half to death. Startled, she runs back to me, her ears perked up as she goes behind me, holding the cloth by my torso.

"What are you doing ?" I ask, not bothering to keep the laughter out of my voice.

"You said you'd take care of it," She says, gripping me tighter. "So by all means....take care of it," She says, not letting me go. I touch her hands on either side of my midriff, gently taking them off me.

"It's just a twig," I say, smiling as she walks back to her dorm like a ninja. I watch her jam the key into the dorm in a hurry, nearly closing the door as she peeks through the crack that was still visible. I see her hand vaguely peep out of the dorm, waving goodbye. I laugh, giving her a two-fingered salute as she shuts the door in a hurry. As I climb up the stairwell, not a single bit scared, I knock on the room door, too lazy to get the key out of my pockets. Jimin opens up as he leans against the doorframe.

"Had fun ?" He asks knowingly as I kick off my shoes, carrying them inside.

"Loads," I say, putting the shoes away and letting myself flop back on the mattress. My phone vibrates in my hands as a small red '1' appears over the 'messages' app. I smile, clicking on it as Jennie's contact is bolded amongst others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow, let's tell the professor that you cried and I comforted you, ~ Jennie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I laugh as I read it, imagining the thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why? Nobody would believe it ~ Tae

Fine ~ Jennie

Goodnight. And thank you for bearing with me :) ~ Jennie

You're welcome ~ Tae

Now go to sleep, idiot ~ Jennie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smile, sending her a quick reply and putting my phone aside.

"And she's back"