Chapter 107 ~ A Change of Plans

3rd Person's POV ~ 

She cut herself off, her words trailing off in her situation. She stood there more confused than she'd ever remembered being when he opened the passenger's door. "But I thought-"

"Nope." He says simply, a small smile on his face.

"Huh ?" She gapes, her jaw ajar. He winks, closing the door as she managed to get her taken aback form into the seat. 

Her eyes were fixed to the glovebox in shock, not following his form which was trailing around the car to get to the driver's seat. He slid in his seat, shutting the door with a soft thump and smile at her clueless form. 

She'd finally rolled her eyes at herself, deciding if he wanted to drive, he could. Her confusion momentarily lapsed. That was until he passed right by the convenience store like it was nothing. "But---the pens---you ran ou--where--" She sputtered, wondering what the hell had gotten into him. 

"I swear if it's a surprise party---!" She starts, her face starting to gain a red flush of embarrassment. 

"Relax. I wouldn't do that to you." He smiles. 

"Yeah you would." She scowls. "My dad told me about it." 

It was his turn to be surprised. 

"He did ?" He asks sheepishly. He looked so flustered, she couldn't help but let a warm smile break through her facade. 

"Yeah." She nods. 

"Please don't kill me." He says at a stoplight, sparing an apologetic glance at her. She simply laughs and ruffles his hair up. 

"I won't." She grins. "Not yet at least."

The second of her statement caught his attention, and he started to drive when the stoplight flickered back to green. "Not yet ?" He questions, nudging her elbow. 

She nods with a spunky glint in her eyes, "If you tell me all about this party tomorrow, I'll spare you." She watched him gulp, enjoying his torment. 

"Not so smug now, are you ?" She grins at his defeated expression.

He ignored her jibe and continued. "I can't tell you." He says. "Too many people have worked hard on it for me to ruin it." 

"So tell me the insignificant details." She smiles. "Things that don't matter. Now that my dad has so kindly warned me about the party, most of the surprise is ruined anyway." 

He bites his lip, debating whether to let it slip or not. "I can't tell you much." He insists. "But I can tell you that there's going to be lots of people." 

She groans, slumping in her seat. "It wasn't my idea." He says quickly. I just wanted to help with whatever I could."

"Anything else ?" She asks, inching towards his hand. 

"There's a dress code." He winces even before he could complete saying the sentence. She whines and huffs, turning away from him. "Again. Not my idea." 

"Did you get any say in it ?" She asks, slightly amused. 

"I had the idea to keep it indoors." He points out. "And the idea of serving only junk food." 

"The food of the gods." She smiles blissfully. 

"Yeah, tell that to your relatives." He snorts. Her head snaps to him. 

"Relatives ?" She asks. "Who ?"

"Your aunt and her-"

"Not her...." Lisa scoffs, dangerously angry. Jungkook stole a glance at her and drifted his gaze back to the road, deciding it better to veer into a different topic.