Chapter 99 ~ Conversations

3rd Person's POV ~ 

He stares at her while she stares back, her gaze sending him a message that was something along the lines of, 'Well, the fuck are you waiting for ?'. He sighs and marches back out the door, not surprised that his mother was suddenly showering him with praise and 'I love you so much, I knew you'd agree !'s.

"Remember." He says. "No one's allowed to say anything rude about her." 

"For fucks sake, go get her !" 

"That's a no-no word." 

He escapes before his mother could kick him, running to his car and slamming the door shut before driving away in relief that it didn't hurt to sit. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She approached his car while he was scrolling through his phone, spamming his mother with pictures of trees. 

Her slender hand reached out to open the car door, and only then had he looked at her. He was about to pocket his phone like usual, but his neck snapped back to her overly beautiful form. 

"It has to be illegal to look that good." He thought, thankfully biting his lip enough so that he didn't end up saying it out loud.  

She was wearing a simply white dress that was knee length, her black hair tied up in a high ponytail with her bangs making way for her spotless forehead. "What ?" she asks when his eyes can't seem to tear away from her. "Is there something on my face ?"

"Nothing." He coughs. Inwardly, he screamed at himself, "Compliment her, you sloth !". 

Then he remembered she preferred peanut over his ditched personality he tried to force himself to be. "I didn't know a dress could make a natural disaster look beautiful." He blurts. 

He thought she might yell at him, but she stared for a moment and laughed. "It doesn't." She chuckles. "The makeup does." 

He squints closer, but the only makeup he could spot was a slight coral tinge on her cheeks that was indistinguishable from her way of blushing. "Should we get going ?" He asks. For some reason, his voice had come out several pitches higher and his hand had automatically gone to face palm himself. 

She laughs, prying his hand away and bringing him closer like they hadn't fought at all, pressing a gentle kiss on his lips. 

He was lost in more ways than one. He wasn't sure why she was so not-angry at him all of the sudden, and now for the real shocker, he didn't know if he could drive back to his mother's house without crashing. 

She lingered for a bit longer before pulling away. He remained limp in his seat, shaking his head and trying to click his seatbelt in before realizing he'd been driving with it all along. 

She laughs at the dork next to her as he drives, his eyes determined on the road because he didn't want to embarrass himself by looking at her. And because he wanted to survive, I guess. 

She continued to talk throughout the ride like they weren't fighting, thoroughly confused before he finally gets the courage and the time to ask her. "Why the sudden change ?" Unfortunately, he doubted he'd get an answer in time as he drove up the winding driveway. 

"The dress ?" She asks. "I just had it ly-"

"No, I mean how come you're talking to me now as if nothing happened?"

"Oh." She blushes beet red. "I skipped over that part didn't I ?" 

"What part ?"

"I wanted to apolog-"

His mother had smiled and walked over, opening the door for Lisa who smiles and shoots an sorrowful glance at him. He follows her to the doorstep, shaking off his shoes and ignoring his mother's rants about his socks. They were both black, but apparently the brands weren't the same. He thought that was a ridiculous way of thinking.

Though on second thought, he supposed that explained why one sock made him feel like he was one ice and the other made him feel like he was a farmer plowing through fields. 

"Come on in !" His mother ushers Lisa in first, shooting a disgusted glance at her son's socks before making him get rid of them and entering the house. 

"What a warm welcome." He grumbles at the woman who slaps him upside the head, much to Lisa's stifled amusement. 

His mother walks through the corridor first, providing space for Lisa and Jungkook to walk in after her. "Did they build this place for bats or something ?" He asks his mom. "Why's the ceiling so high ?"

There were a couple snickers all around, but one crabby looking woman shot a disdainful look at him, her champagne glance swiveling around in her glass like she was a connoisseur of people rather than fine wine. 

"So you're Lisa ?" A woman smiles, shaking her hand. 

Lisa grins politely, shaking the elderly lady's palm. "Yeah, it's so nice to meet you."  

"Is it ?" Jungkook mutters in her ear. 

She struggles to not laugh, stomping on his foot to get him to stop. "How long have you guys been dating ?" Another woman pipes up.

"No." He groans, plopping down on a vacant seat. "No questions about that." 

"Embarrassed ?" The aunt scowls at him. 

He bares his teeth right back at her. "No, I just didn't feel like going through a police interrogation."

"He's kidding," Lisa smiles. ("No, I'm not."). "Feel free to ask me anything." 

"Anything ?" The aunt glowers at her. Lisa recoils a little, her voice a little more hesitant. 

"Yes,um, absolutely anything."

He desperately wished she hadn't said that.