Chapter 106 ~ Birthday

3rd Person's POV ~ 

"It's your birthday, Lisa." Her dad's voice resounds in her ears. Her phone was pressed against her ear, her body perched upon the kitchen counter. "Go do something fun, don't stay inside all day."

"I don't like celebrating it." She groans. "You know that."

"Just this once ?" He pleads. 

"What do you want me to do ?" Lisa scoffs. "Go to a park, get some ice cream, what do you prefer I do ?"

"It's your birthday." He chuckles. "Do what you want."

"Fine." She ways, regretting her decision already. 

"Oh, and even if you're not celebrating, we are." 

"Who's 'we' ?" She asks warily. 

"I've said too much." He mutters under his breath. "Make sure you're not too busy for the next couple...days." 

"I can't today !" She reminds him, slightly laughing. "I'm too busy."

"It won't be today." He reassures. "Tomorrow." 

"Why're you telling me this ?"

"I already screwed up. Don't tell your mother." 

"I won't." She laughs. "Is it supposed to be a surprise party ?"

"She's been planning it for 2 weeks with your boyfriend." 

"He's in on it too ?" Lisa starts to chuckle louder, completely taken aback. 

"I'll hang up before I say more." He says, the dull tone playing after the call. Lisa shakes her head with a smile, tossing the device on to the couch that was at least a couple yards away. 

"Nice toss." Jungkook grins, walking out of the hallway and shuffling over to her. He had a set of street clothes on, a short sleeve black unbuttoned shirt acting as a jacket over a simple white shirt and black jeans. 

"Where are you going ?" She asks immediately, eager to get out of the dorms.

"How'd you know ?" He smiles. She fingers the collar of his shirt with an appraising glance like it was obvious. "I've underestimated the strength of your single brain cell." 

"Answer my question." She grins, lightly shoving his chest. 

"Just to get some pens." He says, holding up his car key.

"Why ?"

"What do you mean why, I need them to write. I ran out yesterday." He chuckles.

"I'm so bored." She groans, kicking against the air. Her legs were dangling, her bare feet kicking like they were underwater. 

"Why don't you come with me ?" He walks closer, and she scoots back with a teasing smile. 

He rolls his eyes and closes the distance between them, his waist touching the marble of the kitchen counter. Her head leans against a cabinet, and he tuts at her, touching the back of her hand with his calloused hand. "It's going to hurt." 

"It won't." She goes to lean back against it again, but the knob had jammed into her head. "That hurts." She winces, sitting normally and rubbing the spot. Her back was slouched like she had no interest in anything, her silky curtain of hair creating a frame for her vision. 

"Happy Birthday." He grins.

She looked up at him like he was something foreign. Her lips were parted, air quickly zipping through them while they could. He smiles at her reaction, putting a gentle finger under her chin and tipping her face. "You didn't think I forgot, did you ?" He asks, pressing a brief kiss on her lips.

"I don't like celebrating." She insists.

"I know. You skipped it for the past two years."

"I knew you'd understand." She smiles, taking his hand and playing with his fingers.

"I don't really get your intentions, no." He says, the hand incased in hers floating up to her head to brush her hair aside. She rolls her eyes and scoots closer to him, her face tilted up when his hands continue to run through her soft hair. She leans into his other hand framing her cheek, attracted to the comforting warmth. Though his hand was so large compared to her face that instead of cupping her cheek, it looked more like he was cupping the entire left side of her face.

"Why am I so small ?" She scowls, the detail that he was taller than her finally coming to her attention. She was sitting on the counter, her back straight, while he had a careless posture and no shoes on. And he still had an inch or two on her. 

"You're a pocket size collectable." He laughs, kissing the sharp dip of her jaw and pulling away and starting to walk away from the kitchen counter. He'd only taken a small step before he caught her attention. 

"Where are you going ?" She asks again, looking from the hardwood flooring to the back of his head. 

"Already asked that question." He reminds, holding up his car keys with a small smile. "Ran out of pens. Come with me ?" 

"Can I drive ?"

"Sure." He shrugs. "Come with me ?" He asks again.

"Because you're obviously so desperate..." She grins, climbing on him to get off the counter. She slips off his body, grabbing her phone off the couch she'd chucked it at, and slipping on sneakers and a jacket. 

"Right. I'm desperate." He scoffs, leaning over slightly to kiss the top of her head before cracking his neck and tossing his keys in the air. The metal jingled against his palm when it landed, and she looked at him curiously. 

"I'm driving." She repeats, her brows furrowing. Her statement had come out as more of a question, but she thought better of his actions, pocketing the metal in the compartment of her jacket and gathering her hair into a bun. "You don't need your keys." She tries to remind him when they walk down the stairs. 

"I know." He wore a slick smile like he knew something she didn't. She tried to give him the benefit of the doubt as they clambered down the remainder of the stairs but she kept sneaking sideway glances at him. 

He bit back a smug smile when she looked at him quizzically. "My car's that way." She said, utterly confused. 

"I know." He repeated. She frowned, her hand finding its way to the crook of his elbow. She tried to tug him to the white, well kept car on the far right end, but he persisted, lightly putting a hand on her shoulder and pulling her in front of him. 

She looked back at him, confused, but he shook his head with a simple grin as if he meant to say 'you'll see' silently. She thought he assumed she was going to drive his car, and laughed off the misunderstanding. "I didn't mean-" 

She cut herself off, her words trailing off in her situation. She stood there more confused than she'd ever remembered being when he opened the passenger's door. "But I thought-"

"Nope." He says simply, a small smile on his face.