Chapter 13 ~ Unity Through Enemies

Jungkook's POV ~

"You're welcome," He says, cutting through the words that I haven't spoken yet. I smile knowingly at him, letting go of his hand and walking back to my seat between Jin and Jisoo.

"You guys know Lisa ?" Jisoo asks, effectively starting the question.

"Yeah," Chaeyoung starts, "Jennie and I wanted to approach her on the first day of school, but we weren't sure if she'd be scared out of her wits." she laughs, easing all the tension.

Jin lets out an easy laugh which grows brighter as Jimin puts his hand around Chaeyoung's waist. "I have a girlfriend too, don't worry," he says as Jimin sheepishly retracts his arm from around her. "No worries." Jin continues, still smiling.

"I'm sorry, but who is Jennie? I still don't know too many names, so..." Lisa starts. The petite girl between Jimin and Taehyung waves at Lisa, letting out a smile.

"That's me. Kim Jennie," She starts. She starts to stand up, pausing to turn to Lisa, "Are you okay, though? That fall looked like it hurt." She sympathizes. My ears perk up as I wait intently for Lisa's answer.

"No, I'm fine."

Taehyung's POV ~

"No, I'm fine, " Lisa reassures her as she continues eating. Jennie stands up, excusing herself.

"I'm just going to get some food for us. We sorta forgot to...." She says, scratching the back of her head. She turns around, walking away. I put my backpack on my chair, following her with my hands stuffed in my pockets. As she puts salad, pizza, and juice on everybody's plates, she realizes that she can't carry all of them. I reach my arms out from behind her, startling her as I grab the plates on either end. She grabs the two in the middle, hurriedly walking back to the table.

"Why're you walking so fast ?" I ask.

"The plate's really cold," She says, trying to blow on her fingers as she rushes to set them down on the table. I let an easy smile break out on my face, calmly setting a plate down in front of her and then doing the same for me. As soon as a group of girls comes hobbling over, however, the smile fades away so quickly that I wasn't sure it was ever there.

"Here comes the SWAT team again," I hear Jin say. I laugh at that, earning a similar reaction out of everyone. I might look cold, but that's only to certain people. The group of 5 girls continues hobbling over in their overly tall heels, looking like a whole pack of bigfoot-clones slathered in make-up to look remotely human.

"Is there anything we can help you with ?" Jisoo says, stretching out her words. I look at her and then back at them, expectantly.

"Is it alright if we sit here with you ?" The head of the cult asks. Before any of us can say anything, Jin intercepts.

" 'Course you can. We're not going to kill you," He says, a slight smile evident across his handsome features. The girl blinks in disbelief, quickly grabbing a chair over and telling the others to do the same. When they're all seated, I lose interest in the situation and take a bite of the salad, picking around the lettuce. I HATE lettuce.

"It's just occurred to me that you've forgotten something, " Lisa starts sourly.

"What ?" The girl asks, less sweetly, might I add.

"Your food," Lisa answers, switching her gaze between the empty space in front of them and their blank expressions. I nearly choke on a carrot, as do the others, when they hurry to the line which has gotten twice as long.

"Nice," I say to her, air high-fiving her. She's alright...I guess. She's certainly different though... "You're that track runner, aren't you ?" Jimin continues.

"Well...Not anymore," She says, shooting a sharp glare at her crutches. I glare at the group of girls as they make a reappearance, shoving Lisa's crutches out of the way. Indignantly, most of us stand up, angered. However, Lisa catches the crutches in mid-air, shoving them back over to that girl's direction with one of her hands uninterestedly picking through her food. We sit back down, our jaws opening wider as we do. The crutch hits that girl's head as she claps her hand over the injured area and whines.

"That hurts !"

"That was the intention, dumbass," Lisa says as she uses her foot to stow her crutches under the table. Jimin lets out an easy laugh while Jungkook wears a reluctant smile on his face. " But I guess I'm sorry," She says, stabbing a carrot with her fork and staring at it.

"It's fine," The girl says, moodily sitting down.

"It'd better be. If it isn't, you can leave." Jisoo speaks up. The girl shoots a dangerous glare at her, much to Jin's hatred.

"What's it to you ?" The girl says.

"Nothing. Lisa will not apologize, and if you find that offensive, leave." Jisoo says simply. "If it was her fault, you can leave. If it was yours, you can stay." she continues.

"N-no, it was our fault. My mistake. Must've forgotten," The girl says, calmly sitting down.

"Yes, how easy it is to forget when we did something wrong," Jen remarks sourly beside me. The girl looks dangerously at Jen who just raises her eyebrow back at her, crossing her arms uninterestedly across her body.

"Are you done yet ?" Jen asks. When the girl looks confused, Jen continues, "Lunch is almost over and you aren't going to fill your stomach by glaring at me."