Chapter 24 ~ Redder Than a Tomato

I'm back!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where were you two ?" Jin smirks when the blushing duo shut the front door of the dorm before the draft of wind can gust through.

"At the park," Jungkook mutters, his hand inching towards hers and then retracting once he catches a glimpse of her burning cheeks.

"What happened at the said park ?" Taehyung teases. "You guys look like tomatoes."

"Nothing..." The flustered boy says, taking her hand and tugging her into his room. He shuts the door to the loud whoops and hollers, only encouraging them to increase their volume. She sits on the edge of his mattress, tucking her hair behind her ear shyly and avoiding his gaze.

"Want to play a game ?"

"Sure." She nods. He tosses her a controller, looking away from her once he hears the thud of the device hitting her palm.

For quite a while, the only thing they could hear was the sound of machine guns blasting. The video was projected on the mounted TV that they were each avidly staring at it, their lips slightly parted and their chins upturned.

"Maybe we should take a break from this." She suggests, her eyes getting watery from the lack of blinking. He groans and sets aside both their controls, rubbing his eyelids.

"I'm starting to regret playing." He laughs, blinking profusely.

"I don't." She shrugs. "At least it was fun while it lasted."

"You're a weird girl, Lis." He grins at her. Her eyes had widened a little, her stomach turning in excitement upon hearing the endearment of a nickname.

"Thanks ?" She squeaks. Her cheeks burn so redly that she looked more like a burning metal than a human. She could feel the heat growing in her cheeks exponentially even when her face had grown impossibly red. By now, they must be beyond an attractive rosiness. They must be marking her out as a social incompetent. She felt as if all her secrets were meant to be spilled to him. She felt like the stupid grin on his face would surely be the reason for sleepless nights and pleasant dreams all the while.

"Something wrong ?" He asks charmingly, poking her beet red cheek. She gulps her throat as stiff as her lips which were proving to be too stubborn to save her from her own weaknesses.

"N-no. I'm fine, you ?" She blurts. She inwardly curses herself, the want to smash her palm against the front of her face never having been stronger.

"Lisa, are you sure you're 'fine' ?" He chuckles, leaning forward to fan her face. Her hair blows away from her face, bringing attention to her small ears.

He leans even closer, flicking a stray leaf out of her brown hair, the crumpled bits of the burnt sienna plant stuck between a tangle of strands. "Don't move." He insists, his fingers gently picking through the soft brunette locks. Even if he hadn't told her to stay still, she wasn't sure that she would have repelled away from him. In fact, she'd probably have scooted closer. With a final playful ruffle of her hair, he pulls away, simply facing her with a slight ghost of a smile.

"W-what? Is there something on my face ?" She stutters, her fingers swiping madly at her clear skin. He brings her hands down, shrugging carelessly.

"No. I was just looking at you."

"Why ?"

"I like the way you look..." He ponders. "I think you're cute." She could tell he hadn't meant to say that out loud, a glint of panic briefly appearing on his face before his charm slips over, covering his emotions.

"I'm not !" She insists loudly. He raises a teasing eyebrow at her, and she coughs, dulling the volume of her voice. "I-I'm not cute."

"And Suho doesn't irritate the shit out of me." He drawls sarcastically. "Face it. You're pretty cute."

Normally she'd have growled at him and threw a series of punches, but she simply bit her lip hard enough for her thoughts to scream in pain instead of overthinking his words. He was just a friend; of course, he'd compliment her.

"So..." She coughs, whether it was on the air stuck in her lungs or the air that refused to flow through her lips, she didn't know. "Did you finish the essay ?"

"Ha-," He snorts. "Nope. I'm nearly done though." He muses.

"Let me read it." She offers. "I'll help you."

He blushes beet red, snatching the papers of the night table behind her and hiding them behind his back. "Oh come on, why not ?" She grins, not making move at him just yet.

"Then you have to let me read yours." He smiles, reaching behind her yet again to grab her stack of papers because yes, they often did homework together in his room.

"There's no way I'd let you do that."

"Then I guess I'll just have to take it from you." He grins.

What in the world was he going to do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*A/N :

I'm back, and I couldn't be happier.

I finally planned everything out, and I'm so proud to say that .....

You guys will be getting regular updates like usual again! Of course, we still have to remake it, but I'm really happy that I made it this far with your help.

The reason I'm not posting on the other user is that I understand a lot of you don't even know that user exists.