Chapter 96 ~ Running After Her

3rd Person's POV  ~ 

"I fucked up." He mutters, rushing out of the kitchen and  snatching his keys off the wall mounted hook before shutting the door and sprinting down the stairs. 

He probably skipped more stairs than he used, but he got down in record time, catching a glimpse of her brown hair whipping around the corner. He walks after her, giving her time to refuse if she didn't want to talk to him, but instead she simply notices him catching up to her and turns around like she hadn't expected that kind of reaction from him. 

"Let's sort things out at home, okay ?" He asks. "It's cold out and you don't even have a jacket." 

"Oh, so now you see things from my point of view." 

He bit back his tongue, successfully doing so for the first time that evening. "And don't worry." She mumbles. "I didn't leave for a dramatic exit. I left because Jisoo asked us to stock up on ready meals." 

They just loiter around for a minute before he takes the effort to speak, "See you when you come back, then." He says. He got the feeling she wanted to be alone as much as he did. And for once, 'alone' didn't mean being alone with each other. "I'll just go check..the cabinets...again." He trails off, turning his back on her and walking begrudgingly back up the stairs. 

She huffs determinedly and simply walks to her car, staring spitefully at where he usually sat. Out of the corner of her eyes, she spots the sweatshirt he'd always purposefully leave behind in her car just incase she ever got chilly. "Why does he have to be right about everything ?" She grumbles, shoving it over her sundress with only the bottom slightly peeking out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Finished shopping ?" He mumbles, helping 6 people with bags. He didn't expect a seventh to stumble through the crack of the door. 

It seemed like she didn't expect him to be right at the front of the dorm either as her eyes widen in surprise and she plops the giant bag of takeout food she'd gotten for everyone on the counter and goes to her room, quietly shutting the door. 

"Fought ?" Jisoo asks knowingly, unloading the groceries. 

"Yeah." He mumbles. 

"You should apologize." 

"Why do you assume it's my fault ?" 

"Because she never gets mad at anybody." She says pointedly, popping a tub of ice cream in the refrigerator. "And also because you're stupid." 

"Thanks." He grumbles, setting an empty bag aside. 

"We're lucky we even saw her."

"What do you mean ?"

"She was sitting on a bench at the park alone." She mutters between the two. "If we hadn't asked her what she was doing there, she probably would've forgotten to come home." 

"Are you trying to make me feel bad ?" 

"I'm not pointing fingers, I'm stating facts. If you feel targeted, you've done something wrong." 

"I didn't !" He insists. "I still don't get why she's mad."

"Then your wrong-doing is being stupid."

"No, I get why she's mad," He corrects himself. "I just don't understand why it's my fault. I'm not apologizing until I know it'll be sincere." 

"You're a lost cause." Jisoo sighs. 

Dinner was rather quiet, all of them sitting and munching quietly on their food. Lisa's feet carry her to his room shamelessly, her hand hesitantly pausing about an inch from his door. She closes her eyes and sighs, "He didn't eat." She mumbles. 

That thought seemed to encourage her, her knuckles tapping gently against his door. "Come in." She hears him mumble half-heartedly. She opens the door, gingerly walking in like one wrong step could cause another fight. 

He didn't pay attention, not knowing it was her that had walked in. He was sitting on the edge of his mattress, facing the window as his phone's light had brightened up his face a little. She didn't mean to peer over his shoulder, but she caught a glance of him scrolling through his photos, most of which were stupid ones of her. The ones that weren't of her were a small collection of 2. One of them was him in a bonnet, trying to choke her who was taking the picture and the other was a video she sent him of her fingers playing with her nieces and shrieking repeatedly ("So cute !"). 

He'd pressed play on that video, managing a small smile at her voice. When he continues to scroll, she coughs, showing pity on him. He flinches, pocketing the device and looking at her. "Yeah ?"

"Dinner."

"No thanks." He mumbles. 

She scoffs, walking over and grabbing his hand. "You're eating."

Under other circumstances, he probably would've laughed and followed, but at that moment, he slipped his hand out of her grasp and saying quietly, "I'm not really hungry." 

She wanted to simply lug him out because her strength could do so, but she understood the feeling, stealing a glance at her own uneaten portion of food that lay untouched on the counter. "I get it." She nods kindly, heading out and gently tugging the door shut. 

It was maybe 3 hours later, dead of night, and everybody was fast asleep. The only thing that had changed in that three hours was he was now embedded in his sheets, staring at the ceiling emptily. He was still equally as confused, restlessly, and wide awake. 

Lisa, having always been the more bold one out of the two, shoves her blankets off of her in her room, shoving on her bunny slippers and punching the large yellow rabbit on her bed ruthlessly. "That's what you get for reminding me of him." She mutters. 

She lugs her pillow to his room with her pajamas barely visible. It was simply a crop top and a thin sliver of silk pajama shorts. She quietly opens the door, and for the second time that day, he didn't notice her entry. His eyes were closed but not in the way he was asleep, and he was facing her, but he didn't seem to know that. 

"Move over, Peanut."