Chapter 22 ~ Car Windows

"I don't think there's any way I couldn't have heard." I tease, earning a punch to the shoulder.

Eventually, we make it outside the venue, away from the crowding mob of people and the rest of our friends who'd each magically departed with various excuses of our own, going through the trouble to make sure Lisa and I had to drive home together.

Alone.

"I'll drive," I say, catching the keys she'd tossed at me. She nods, opening the car door and perching herself upon the smooth leather seats.

"I still can't believe it." I smile, sticking the key in the ignition and slipping the seatbelt around my body.

"Why not ?" She asks. I look behind, my hand on the back of her seat and the other holding the steering wheel tight. I back out successfully, turning back to the front; My lips had accidentally grazed against her cheek, and I hadn't stopped them from doing so.

Though I remain focused on driving, my gaze drifts to the rearview mirror which was shifted slightly to include half of her face. Her cheeks were not tinted; they have permanently painted a vibrant color of red as she looks out the window, the rolling hills passing by into a whirl of green.

Another car passes by, slowly matching our pace. I watch out of the corner of my eyes as Suho rolls his window down, blowing a hotblooded kiss at the already blushing girl beside me. She looks disgusted, rolling down her window just to make an obscene gesture with her hand.

"Not too fond of him, are you ?" I chuckle. She rolls her eyes, the light breeze lightly blowing through her sweet, vanilla-smelling hair.

"Not at all." She agrees. She turns to me, simply staring at the side of my face.

My face heats up though the sufficient breeze blows through the windows of the car. Time starts to fly by, filled with horrid singing, laughter, and the brushing of our hands against each other; Both of us would promptly turn read each time.

Eventually, the traffic had piled up, the cars from the other side of the road smiling teasingly as they whiz past in the opposite direction.

Lisa, however, had taken to lapsing into a deep slumber. Her face was turned towards me, my hand sandwiched between her head and the bony cushion. Her chocolate-colored hair slips out from behind her ear, falling on her slightly puffed-up cheeks.

Seeing her this serene made my mind drift back to her goofy antics not long ago; She'd been calling out the wrong lyrics to the songs that played on the radio, spitting out sarcastic remarks when I decided to tease her about it. And to be honest, it was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

The car next to us rolls its window down again, revealing a very amused Suho and his friends. They tap each other on the shoulders, pointing giddily at her sleeping form.

They hoot and holler at her, making her wake up with a large flinch. "What happened ?" She asks, her eyes still slightly infused with drowsiness. I glare at their car before jutting my chin at her, making her roll her eyes too.

"How can someone be that immature ?" She scowls, squirming in the seat.

"Are they bothering you ?" I feel the anger rise inside me, pushing it down for her sake.

"A little too much." She nods, ripping her gaze away from them even though that doesn't discourage them.

She starts to fall asleep again, her face rested on her palm which was propped up by her elbow. My angry gaze drifts to their car again, staring right at Suho who stares right back. I raise my eyebrow, making his expression falter momentarily. The window rolls back up rather quickly, the tinted glass not hiding their fear.

"That's more like it..." I mutter, leaning forward and driving forward slowly; the traffic was clearing up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lisa...Wake up..." I whisper. Her head lolls against the seat, her eyes not fluttering open like I expected them to. Instead, she simply tugs my collar close. Too close.

My forearm had thumped against the cushion right above her head, my other hand dodging her hips and landing rights on the clasp of her seatbelt. There was a fair few inches between our faces, but it felt like the air had been robbed from the situation, leaving me breathless.

Her skin was glass smooth yet velvety soft, her face so symmetrical that it made me wonder how a person like her could exist. Her big tear-dropped eyes were shut, but I could practically imagine the large auburn russet color behind her eyelids.

"Hmm." I clear my throat, getting her face to contort. Inwardly, I curse myself for doing so; I wanted to stay like this forever. In fact, maybe just a little bit closer couldn't hurt.

Her eyes barely open, her hair brushing away from her face. She doesn't seem to realize the validity of the distance between us, simply staring irritatedly at me. "Let me sleep." She insists, tugging me closer into a sleepy hug.

My heartbeat rises exponentially, completely annihilating my thoughts as my feelings were all over the place. She pulls away, her hands fisted in my collar like she was going to punch me. "You're an idiot, you know that ?" She mutters.

"--What ?" I whisper. Her hands clutch the cloth of my shirt tighter.

"You're so oblivious..." She says, letting me go with a disappointing scoff. She hops out of the car as she'd never been asleep, leaving me dumbfounded in my seat.

"Hello ?" She asks her knuckles rapping on my door. "You coming ?"

"H-huh? Yeah, I am." I say, pushing the door open, snatching the keys, and catching up to her in front of the car.

"Where do you want to go ?" She asks, a slight smile tugging at the corner of her lips.

"I don't really care." I shrug truthfully, "We can go wherever you want-" We'd started to walk, but the sight in front of me made my jaw drop.

It was them. All 6 of them had stupid, teasing grins on their faces.

They'd seen what'd happened in the car.