Chapter 60 ~ Grading Essays

3rd Person's POV ~ 

All four of them start to get up, legs groaning in exhaustion. Jung kook's foot was about to cross the border of hardwood flooring and soft white carpet, but he freezes. "Actually, come back." The headmaster says.

"Why ?"

"I have something else I'd like to discuss." 

They trudge back inside, trying not to let their exhaustion show as they thump back in the elegant seats. 

"Don't groan," He snaps.

A meek 'yes sir' escapes all of their lips. "As a punishment for keeping me up so late at night, you will grade all of the essays right now." 

"Why us ?" Lisa asks boldly. "We didn't wake you up." 

"I know, but favoritism is frowned upon in my books. You both have inflicted violence on students, therefore all four of you will stay and grade some essays."

"How long do we have to stay up here ?" Jungkook asks, already dreading the answer.

"It's 1 in the morning right now. I will let you go once you've finished with the papers. It shouldn't be hard with four people." 

Both Lisa and Jungkook bite their lips to hold back a protest, but the two next to them openly groan before being sharply assessed with a wooden ruler. 

"Anything else ?" Lisa asks, struggling to keep the venom from seeping in her voice. 

"Yes, as a matter of fact." Any trace of a smile that had been on his face before falls as he sits down, twiddling his pen between his fingers curiously. "I think some living arrangements need to be redone." 

"If you mean we have to live with them-" Jungkook says sharply, glaring at the two boys beside him that looked equally disgusted by the idea. 

"Relax, boy." The headmaster waves his pen up and down in clean strokes. "I would hate to give you punishment for even more violence." He says exasperatedly. "On the contrary, I think you two need a good influence." He eyes Lisa and Jungkook sharply, making them stare determinedly back into his smoky gray eyes. 

"Jimin,Jisoo, Jennie, and Taehyung are very good students." He says mischievously, pretending not to see the two enraged boys standing cowered in the corner of the room. "Don't you think ?"

"The best." Lisa insists, a small smile growing on her face while Jungkook remained in the dark about why two people on opposite ends of the desk had suddenly resorted to sending meaningful glances at each other. 

"Well...As a headmaster, I want you to spend more time with them." He says, strictly looking at his pen. "So I'd like you two to move in with them." 

"But sir," Jungkook  had now joined in on trying to bite back a smile. "Where will Jin go? If I leave to bunk with those students, he'll be left alone in the boys dormitory. And I know for a fact the school has a rule against one person rooms." He raises an eyebrow.

"Ah," He fakes stupidity, tapping his temple with the end of his pen. "Why didn't I think of that before? Must've slipped my mind."

"And sir, if I move in, Chaeyoung will be left alone in the girls dorm." Lisa says, no longer trying to hide her brilliant grin. 

"Well then I guess the eight of you will have to move in together." The man smiles, putting down the noir colored pen. "Top floor, last available dorm." He orders, dropping a new key into Lisa's palm. "By the end of tomorrow, I expect all of you to be there." He says. "After all, it is against the rules to be wandering out past curfew." A friendly glint had sparked in his eye as he winks slyly at the two before harshly dropping a stack of papers on to the floor apologetically. 

"Grade them." He says, walking to the door. Kai had reached for his wrist, clutching the old man's blazer. 

"Sir, that's not fai-"

"Neither is telling a one-sided story." He glares sharply, shoving off the boy's hand and wiping his cufflink clean of the smudges. 

He coughs and straightens himself, opening the gleaming bronze handle of the door and shutting it behind him. He stalls outside, fishing a large ringlet of keys from his pocket and tinkering the door to click sharply before he pockets the mess of jingling noise back into the black silk of his pocket and turns 'round the corner.

"I guess we're stuck here." Lisa smiles though she has a hard time erasing the smile off her face. 

"What's that smile for ?" Kai challenges though the boy behind him desperately holds on to him, restraining his angered friend like a zoo keeper would do to an out of control animal. 

"Unless you want some more punishment," Jungkook rounds on him, stepping closer. His shadow had swallowed Kai's like it was a mere pill, a giant silhouette claiming the spot. "I suggest we just grade some papers and get over with it." 

"Take your own advice, stupid." Lisa mutters, clutching his forearm and tugging him back to the couch next to her, making him plop on the only empty cushion (the couch had taken up the spot between them).

And with that, the long adventure of paper cuts, ink stains, and weariness awaited them. 

Lisa wasn't going to lie, paper by paper, the urge to blast the door to smithereens and run out was starting to appeal to her drowsy thoughts. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was only about 45 minutes when the two boys opposite to Jungkook and Lisa had started to snore blearily, papers hanging ajar on their laps as slow drips of liquid leaked from their mouth. 

"Oh my god." Lisa starts to laugh, shoving the papers beside them away and sitting next to him, showing him the paper that was about to be graded. 

Immediately, he starts to laugh too before controlling himself and wheezing as he read the paper with her. They made multiple drawings in red ink across the paper, inappropriate messages scattered here and there as they drew toiletries, germs and various other items around the pristine paper. 

They nearly pissed themselves laughing, and they were sure they wouldn't have had such a hard time drawing if their laughter didn't make it impossible to have steady hands. 

Finally, they were allowed to go back to their dorms, and the headmaster hid his grin as Jungkook kicked the two boys awake, drool dripping over their dry lips. 

The next morning, essays were passed back in class, and they couldn't cover their grins when Suho's paper was returned back to him. He looked confused and angry as he peered at other classmate's essays, wondering if every body had gotten such foulmouthed corrections. Perhaps the drawings weren't that bad, but maybe the red ink made it worse or the fact that it was half covered in drool made the ink smudge relentlessly into the text that made it 10 times more horrid. 

But then again, toilets were a pretty disturbing topic to write about.