Chapter 92 ~ Hey Stupid, I Love You

3rd Person's POV ~ 

"Wait !" She calls after him. His hand was on the knob of the dorm door, his unruly dark hair brushing away from his attractive face.

"Hm ?"

"I-I love you."

The silence. It was all she could think about, and it drowned over both of them. It's only silence....But why is it so loud ? And why did it bother her so much?

An indescribable warmth drowns his eyes, and he marches over, pulling her up from the mattress and slamming a kiss on her unsuspecting lips.

Her shirt had bunched up above his arm, revealing the small of her back. For the first time, he felt elated more than when he'd first started dating her, warmth exuding from every inch of her small body wrapped in his muscly one. He finally pulls away, slightly out of breath. 

"I love you too."

She blushes beet red, knowing that was the only response after how he'd just annihilated her lips. She nods and tugs him back down on her bed, falling down with him. "Maybe you should just stay here." She suggests. 

"Maybe." He muses, nodding with a smile etched on his face. He didn't think he'd be able to get it off no matter what happened. 

"Maybe you could stay here forever." 

"I could. Probably not smart, though." 

"Peanut's back." She smiles happily, pulling the blankets over both of them and smiling up at him. 

He grins and runs his hand through her hair. "I like Peanut better too." He smiles. 

A comfortable silence nests over them for a while before she says, "If Casanova ever comes back, I'm dumping you like yesterday's trash." 

"Yesterday's trash was entirely your cooking." 

She cracks a smile before kissing his cheek. "Peanut is more like you. Casanova is somebody else." 

"He's me, too !" He laughs. "Just the sweeter side."

"I prefer the insults. Who'd want to hear compliments instead of having a good time ?" She smiles. "You're funny. Peanut shows that, and that other personality you've created doesn't." 

"You know ?" He grimaces. 

"Of course I know." 

"Of course you know." He nods, blushing. 

"It's not embarrassing to be insecure." She tuts, punching his shoulder. "Don't worry about me not being happy with you and your mud brain. I am. And I don't like romantic people anyway." 

"Oh yeah ?" He grins. "Who do you like ?"

"I like stubborn boys with pigheaded egos, messy hair, has the wardrobe of a sloth, and the brain of an ogre-" She's cut off by him wrestling her. "I'm sorry, sorry !" She laughs, her head against her pillow with him hovering above her. 

"Stupid, 'sorry' doesn't cover it." He grins. "All those insults can really take a toll on one's heart." He fake grimaces. 

"I'm not apologizing." She smiles mischievously, wrapping her arms around his neck. 

"And why not ?"

"Because you're a stubborn boy with a pigheaded ego, mess-"

"Apologize !" He threatens, his lips moving down to her jaw. 

"No !" She laughs, trying to pull him down on her. He resists. 

"Unless you know another way of compensation," He raises his eyebrows, "As such," He dips down and places a sweet kiss on her lips before remembering he was talking and pulling back up again. "Then I'm not letting you go." 

"I don't really mind this." She grins, tugging his neck down. He gives in a little, telling himself 'It's  barely a centimeter lower' when it was a decent inch or two. 

"Come on, you're making it really hard." He groans, letting her tug him down all the way until he was staring down at her face which was only a couple measly centimeters away. 

The distance irritated him, so he thought 'I'll show that stupid empty space who's boss' and closes the distance between them, getting her to smile into his lips in a pleasant surprise. 

"No apology needed ?" She manages to say in a mumbles of lips. 

He should've known better than to expect her to just kiss him, but he didn't. He simply laughs and tries to continue kissing her before he gives up and chuckles into her neck. 

"Oh, you're insane." He manages when he finally sobers up. 

He rolls off her, both of them not as warm as before yet equally as happy. She floats to him, throwing her leg messily over his body as he laughs. "You were right that day."

"What ?" She smiles in her state of confusion. 

"You are annoying to sleep next to." He grins at her 'angry' little face before she turns around and huffs, kicking him away. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry !" He pleads, dragging her waist to him with his arms around her torso from behind. "Please ?" He pecks her jawline. "Forgive me ?"

"Why ?" She smirks. "Because you value my forgiveness ?"

"Because your wrath is terrible."

"What wrath ?"

"I call it wrath. Others would call it 'cooking'." 

He laughs when she tries to punch him, catching her fist in midair when she lunges at him. He holds her while she's on top of him, her amused face centimeters away from his. 

"What did I teach you ?"

"Literally nothing."

"Deep breath." He mocks, smiling. "In, out. Close your eyes."

"Then what ?" She smiles, her eyes clamped close. 

"Then pray for your sorry ass." 

Without another word, he tugs her down before she could process his words, one hand over her waist and the other near her face, his thumb by the sharp dip of jawline and the rest of his fingers pushing her head into his. She practically melts in to him, her sweet hair falling from behind her ear and hiding both their faces from anybody else but each other. Both their eyes were closed, her hands clutching the collar of his shirt.

He pulls apart briefly to utter five words before pulling her into him again. 

"Hey, stupid."

"Hm ?"

"I love you."