Chapter 25 ~ "Idiot"

*A/N : 

I don't know why, but the chapter title sounds cute to me. 

If you have heart problems, don't read the chapter. It's squeal - worthy cute ❤️️

Preview : It involves falling  on each other, but not cliché

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person's POV ~ 

God, what was he going to do ? 

He snags the papers swift off the counter behind her, making her blink in surprise. Her fingers reach to claw against his forearm, scratching against his red stricken skin. 

"Give it back, half-witted human Bambi !" She shouts, reaching over him to entangle her grasp around the papers. 

"What'd you call me ?" He laughs, maneuvering out of her reach. 

"Idiot !" She ignores him, continuing to try stealing the papers from him. 

"Before that." He winks. She smacks his head, and he backs up on the mattress, sitting on the center and fanning his cocky face with the thick pad of papers. 

"Bambi !" She answers, still trying to grasp the papers. 

"Bingo." He smirks, impressed when her fingers graze against the corner of the paper before he pulls it away from her. 

"Not bad, shortie." He acknowledges, resisting the urge to kiss her cheek. His legs were slightly parted, his body propped up with his elbows. She growls at him, jumping between his legs and lunging at the papers. 

As soon as her waistline touched his, he'd dropped the papers, catching the second falling thing in the room at the moment. 

A hint ? It wasn't the papers. 

With a rustle, they crumpled to the floor while her body had hit his with a stubborn 'thump', making his elbows give out in surprise. His arms wind around her waist, not letting her budge when his back meets the mattress softly. Her hands had planted firmly on either side of his head, her brown locks escaping from behind her earlobes. 

All the smiling and friendly banter from earlier vanished, staring becoming their primary form of conveyance. His breath catches when her ornate chocolate eyes shift their focus onto his face. The teasing grin on his face had been wiped clean off his features, the crinkle by his eye non existent. 

"Asshole, dinner's rea- Oh god !" Jin shouts when his eyes drift off his phone's screen and to the situation playing out before him. He scurries out, shutting the door with a faint 'good luck, man' audible through the loud profanities that amplify against the halls. 

She scrambles off him, the blush returning to her face like someone had flipped a switch. His lips were still parted even as he lifts himself off the mattress, his form still firmly situated on the foamy bed. 

She leans over the side of the furniture to grab the papers on the ground, her upper body slung over the edge. 

"Oh-!" He remembers, helping her collect the packet of papers and pulling her up. 

She mutters a rather flustered 'thanks, jerk' which would've sounded much more confident and snooty had the...um- situation not played out. Yup. Let's leave it at that. 

She reads through the papers, though he didn't really know what she was hoping to understand by doing so ; They were upside down, ruffled, and in the wrong order. 

"Hm--" He coughs violently, not looking at her but biting down a smile when she turns to look at him. "Y-you okay ?" His hand scratches the back of his head sheepishly. 

"I'm fine. You ?"

"Peachy." He mutters, looking at the window which was draped over with curtains. 

What was he hoping to see ? Something other than a wall ?

Silence rings through the room, reverberantly loud through both of their ears as each of them busy themselves with staring adamantly at inanimate objects. He stared at the rectangular hanging mirror on the wall, peering at the reflection of her small, cute side profile. 

She, meanwhile, takes the more obnoxious approach, stealing glances at him when she thought he wasn't looking. Unfortunately for her, that's all he was doing at the moment. Looking at her. 

"How's the reading going ?" He smirks slightly, the corner of his lip lifting up inevitably. He watches the faint smile on her lips drop, her finger freezing below a word she hadn't bother to read. Her eyes had widened, staring slightly above the paper. 

"Uh- It's going good." She says. "Why do you ask ?" She says, frantically switching pages as if she'd read the previous one. 

"Because you've read each page at least  5 times." 

"They're really captivating." She murmurs, making him smile at her reflection. He turns to look at her, switching his gaze from her to the papers. 

He reaches out, taking the papers away from her and turning them right-side up, placing them gently back in her grasp while she stares at him in disbelief. 

"Oh, please, don't let me stop you from reading." He beams, jutting his chiseled chin at the papers. She stutters incorrigibly, finally nodding and reading the papers. 

"Tell me, is reading the story in scrambles more fun ?" He ponders. She lifts her head, looking at him cluelessly. His face breaks into a smile upon seeing her innocent one, his empty palm between them. She scrutinizes his features, her eyes squinting suspiciously when she finally hands him the sheets. His gaze shifts regrettably from her to something much less amusing, the grin on his face becoming more pronounced. 

"Page sixteen, three, nine, five, four, seven, ten, thir-" He counts off, reading them in order whilst looking at the small numbers on the bottom corner of the page where her thumbs had pressed against. 

She snatches them back, hugging them to her chest tight and shooting a glare that masked her flustered heap of emotions. "Jerk." She mutters. 

"The one and only." He winks, the simple gesture already getting her to overthink and remember  how she fell against h- No ! Don't think about that ! 

"Dinner's ready." He heaves himself off the bed, offering her his hand. "Let's go."

He snatches his hand away from her soft one when she tries accepts the help, making her scowl, the banter returning between them. "What did you expect from me ? To be a gentleman ?" He laughs, flicking her head. "No way." 

"Oh, how wrong of me." She scoffs, trying to stomp on his foot. His hand stuffs itself voluntarily into his pocket, the other traveling up to hold her chin and pull it up, the lights playing along her already glowing skin. 

Her eyes grow adorably wide again, making her head back into her shoulders out of surprise. He grins, his fingers crossed desperately in his jeans. 

"Well if you expected that from me," He says, "It's only right for me to expect you to read properly." He smiles teasingly. Her angry little face returns, her eyes giving away her amusement. 

"I- Jerk- I'm not stupi-" She stutters, a slight, easy-going grin gracing her lips. 

"Oh, I see." He huffs, teasing her ruthlessly. "You're not good with proper words, but you're extraordinary with them when they're upside down." 

She scoffs, a smile spreading relentlessly on her features. She slaps the back of his head, trying to sound angry when he ruffles up her hair in a headlock. 

"Don't you dare make me laugh, Bambi !" She shouts. "I'm trying to be mad !" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How did you guys like this chapter ? 

I'm really proud of it :)