Chapter 53 ~ An Announcement

3rd Person's POV ~

Nobody said anything.

"Okay," Jisoo huffs disappointedly. "That's fine. Let's just talk about something else." 

"What is there to talk about ?" Lisa asks, slightly uncomfortable with the atmosphere. 

"Your injury." The glint comes back into his eyes, igniting the banter between them again. 

Jisoo watches the two as they ramble on, shoving each other, punching each other, and somehow smiling the whole time. "There's got to be something I don't know." She murmurs under her breath. 

Both Jungkook and Lisa's legs were stretched in front of them, their hands trying to reach past their toes. He moves to let their feet push against each other, trying to drag her hands further. "Oi, watch it !" She says loudly. "I'm injured." 

"Injured, my ass." He laughs, gripping her softly and finally getting her hands to inch past her feet. 

"On second thought, I might've injured that too." She winces, rubbing the side of her upper leg. 

"30 more seconds !" The coach shouts, the gym mimicking his voice and sending echoes rippling through the air. 

"Come on, Lis, power through it." He laughs, stretching her hands past her feet. 

"I might be athletic, but I'm not flexi-"

"What did you just call her ?" Jisoo's head snaps to him. 

"Lisa ?" He covers up his panic, blatantly lying. 

"Oh...Sorry, I must've heard something else." She looks at him sheepishly. 

"It's okay." He shrugs, brushing his hair out of his eyes. 

"3...2...1," The coach yells. "Time's up !" His voice roars through the gym. How could someone be so boisterous ? It seemed as though even the click of his stopwatch was the lock of a door. 

Lisa lifts herself off the shiny floor, groaning when she stretches to her full height. Jungkook snorts at her feeble attempt to stifle the pain, crossing his arms across his broad chest and watching as she tries to punch him. 

"Free to go !" The coach shouts briefly. "Good work today !" 

"Finally." Lisa sighs, picking up her gym back that was strewn off to the bottom most step of the bleachers. 

"Be careful." Jungkook jibes teasingly. "You might trip." 

She'd been about to take his hand and help herself down, but she smiles and scoffs instead, slapping him upside the head and jumping down. 

"What, you're injury-free now ?" He asks. 

"Maybe, maybe not." She shrugs carelessly, looking beside her. "Jisoo, you okay ?"

"Yeah, I'm just thinking." She mumbles. Lisa leads her to the pathway of the large gym door, groaning when her foot reaches the border between the glossy floor and gray pavement outside.  The coach had just yelled. And everybody knew what that meant. Either a useless lecture or a penalty. 

She trudges back inside, her head slightly thrown back. "Why today of all days ?" 

"Was today a particularly good day ?"

"It would've been." 

"Don't look so down !" The coach insists. "I promise I'm not going to rant at you. Actually, I think you'll enjoy this announcement." Lisa shoots a peculiar, questioning glance at Jungkook who shoots one right back at her. 

"We have a retreat coming up in 2 days, on Friday if I'm correct," He looks down at his phone before glancing strictly back up. "For both the girls team and the boys." He says. "You know what that means." He glares pointedly at Jungkook and another boy from the team. "No embarrassing me in front of her." 

"Who's 'her '?" Lisa whispers. 

"Our coach. You know, the girls' track coach." Jisoo whispers back. "It's kinda pointless to have two coaches when we end up doing shit together, but that's how it is." 

"He has a massive crush on her." Jungkook grins. 

"Really ?"

"Kinda." He nods. "He actually dated her for a while before they broke up." 

"This is supposed to be a bonding experience." The coach says, ignoring the hoots, whoops, and hollers coming from his students. "For you guys !" He insists. "Not me !" He starts to blush, something he's never done before. 

"Oohs," Resounds from everywhere around the gym, making a cacophony of a series of chants such as the following. 

"Get the girl !"

"We'll be rooting for you !"

And Lisa's personal favorite : 

"What the fuck is going on ?!" 

"Alright, alright, stop !" He shouts. "I just wanted to tell you to get packing. We'll be staying at a beach resort over the weekend, you have today night to pack." He grumbles. 

"Why didn't you tell us in advance ?" Barks a snooty girl. 

"You're supposed to be fast, aren't you ?" He rebounds wittily. "Work your magic." 

And with that, he'd mumbled a quick 'you're free to go' before covering his face with his hat to blush to his heart's extent. "Poor guy." Lisa chuckles. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, it was the evening and it was fucking cold outside. 

And yes, Lisa and Jungkook had somehow managed to abandon their friends to meet by the bottom of the stairwell despite the ghastly weather. 

"Should we tell them ?"

"I don't know, it'll just seem out of the blue." She ponders. "How 'bout we drop hints along the way ?"

"And let them figure it out themselves ?" He nods at the idea. 

"Yeah. We won't officially tell them, but they'll just assume whatever they like." She starts before continuing. "Remind me again why we're not telling them ?"

"Yeah, you know what ? Screw this, let's just say it." He says boldly. 

"When ?"

"I....don't know." He sighs, beaten down. 

"How 'bout this. We'll go back up to our dorms and pack, relax for a while, all the good stuff. We'll decide on this later, okay ?" She smiles kindly. 

"I didn't know you had this side to you." He smirks, punching her shoulder. 

"All my other ones are bruised." She fake winces, making him laugh. She climbs up the stairs, reluctantly turning her back on him. "See you tomorrow." 

"Bye." He smiles, nodding and turning up to walk the stairs all the way to his dorm. 

He sets the key into the slit of the doorknob and pushes it open, pocketing them and staring confusedly at the 3 boys who's heads had snapped at his arrival. 

"Did something happen ?" He asks. 

"What were you doing down there ?"