Chapter 94 ~ Awkward

3rd Person's POV ~ 

"It'll be like a double date. You and me, Suho and Lisa." Tzuyu smiles, not seeing the obvious problem with her statement. 

For the first time, Lisa felt pure rage towards the girl opposite to her, not minding what she'd said about Suho and Lisa but rather paying attention to the first half of her statement. 

"Um, no." He says, snatching his hand out of her grasp. "But going for some coffee sounds nice." He admits. 

"I thought you said you didn't like coffee." Tzuyu frowns. "That's what you told me when I asked you out." 

Lisa stifles a smile, jumping in and saving him from embarrassment. "He meant going to a café sounds nice. Besides, coffee isn't the only thing you can get."

"You owe me." She whispers into Jungkook's ear when they lag behind the other two. 

"Yup." He grins, casually ruffling her hair up. 

Suho and Tzuyu had lagged behind with them, all four of them forced to walk together as they browse the stores downtown. "Does it really matter how popular a store is ?" Lisa finally snaps. 

"Yes !" Tzuyu insists. "I can't let anybody see me at some mediocre shop."

"You're not a celebrity. Trust me, nobody's going to take pictures of you like you're going to be on the news if you go anywhere that doesn't have a Michelin Star." Lisa grumbles, pushing through the door of a small café. 

It was cozy and warm, the bell by the door ringing in the sugary chatter of the store as the barista behind the counter smiles at her. "Why here ?" Tzuyu whines. 

"Trust me, they make the best coffee." She says pointedly. "And their bakery is the best." 

"But it's not well known !"

"You aren't either !" Lisa snaps. "So quit worrying about someone spotting you." 

Tzuyu grumbles and plops down on the couch-style booth, sliding all the way to the window and grabbing Jungkook's arm. He was startled, and didn't have time to process what had happened before gravity had acted and pulled him down next to her. He wanted to get up, but Suho had already slide in next to Lisa who looked equally as confused. 

"Um," She coughs, hoping the adamant boy next to her would get up. "Should we order ?"

"Yeah." Jungkook says, somewhat disappointed with his situation as he stares right at Suho. 

The same barista who'd smiled when Lisa walked in trots over, her green apron splattered with drips of coffee. "What would you like ?" She asks, smiling at Lisa more than anyone else. 

"Oh, forget that." Lisa grins. "How're you doing ?"

"I'm fine." The girl beams. "Business is booming lately. Profits doubled from last month too." 

"That's great."

Tzuyu looks gingerly over the menu like it was coated with goo, "The usual." Lisa smiles. 

"With caramel ?" The waitress smiles knowingly as Lisa nods. "I'll put in extra for you."

"Me too." Suho says immediately. The barista shoots an odd glare at him before reluctantly writing them down. 

"And you guys ?" She asks. 

"What would you suggest ?" Jungkook asks, utterly dumbfounded. "I've never been here." 

"Cinnabon ?" 

"No, he doesn't like nutmeg." Lisa says absentmindedly before blushing and sinking back in her seat. 

"Yeah, I don't." He grins at her. 

"We can make it without that." The girl says, quickly jotting it down. "And you ?" She asks sourly, shooting a death glare at Tzuyu. 

"I'll have what he's having." She sighs finally. 

"Fine." She scowls, trotting back behind the counter and grinding coffee beans with rage. 

"You know her ?" Jungkook asks Lisa curiously. 

"Yeah." She shrugs. "She's a friend. I convinced her to open this shop." 

"Really ?" 

"Sure. All it took was to get people to try her stuff and they all liked it. She had a small thing going on before this. Kinda like Girl Scouts." 

A couple minutes later, two small cinnamon rolls were delivered along with two disposable drinks of a caramel brown colored coffee. "Oh, it's really good." Lisa says in pleasant surprise. "Did you do something different ?"

"Added a lot more caramel." The girl blushes before leaving with a proud smile. 

"Try some." Lisa insists, passing it to Jungkook. He takes it, but Tzuyu swats it away. 

"He doesn't like coffee." She hisses, trying to pull a similar stunt to what Lisa said about his hatred toward nutmeg. 

"He doesn't like it because it's bitter." Lisa lies, her eyes boring into the girl's. "This is a bit sweeter. He might like it." 

He winks at her subtly sipping some and handing it to her while nodding. "Yeah, it's pretty good." 

It was quiet for sometime, which Lisa knew was more concerning since there was a human version of a witch sitting right in front of her. Sure enough, a second later, Jungkook scoffs and seemingly swats Tzuyu away, "Can you please stop trying to hold my hand ?"

"Yeah, Lisa !" Tzuyu glowers. "He's mine."

"What ?" Jungkook was utterly confused, which shouldn't have surprised Lisa because she was the one who chose peanut brain. 

Lisa simply continues to look at her drink, her head slightly lower as she simply lets the straw mix around the streaks of caramel and foam until they're no more. "I-I think I should go." She mumbles, kicking Suho out of the way and shooting a small insincere smile at Jungkook before leaving the store. 

And of course he went after her.