Chapter 41 ~ Silent Solace

Jungkook's POV ~ 

"I'll probably just dump her in a couple." He scoffs, hanging up and pocketing his phone. I step out from behind the wall, hands ready to ravel in his collar and throw him against a wall.

He's as good as dead. 

3rd Person's POV ~ 

Jung kook's hands go to reach for Jinyoung's shirt, shoving him against the brick wall with no hesitation nor empathy. 

"Hey." He smiles nervously. "Did you hear anything ?"

"All of it." He grits his teeth. 

"L-Let's calm down here." He chuckles, his back scrunched up against the strong palisade. "You don't know all the details." 

"If I did, I'm sure whatever I'm about to do to you would be much worse." 

"What are you going to do to me ?"

"It's not pleasant." He mutters vaguely. "You're using her, aren't you ?"

"No, I-"

"Don't deny it, coward. I heard everything."

"She didn't seem too interested in me." He says, hoping to use that as a viable excuse. 

"I don't care. All I know is you're using her, and you're going to dump her."

"Well, not exactly-"

"You're not going to dump her ?" He asks in an angered surprise. 

"I am." He stutters, cowering upon meeting the angry boy's gaze for a fleeting second.

"Why ? Why did you use her like that ?" 

"She was the only one I haven't tried yet..." He mutters, saying it louder when he'd demanded that he repeat himself. 

The conversation drags on, and no doubt, Jungkook got angrier every time he opened his mouth. He kept ranting on and onto get out of the situation he was in, digging himself his own grave. 

White knuckles from clenching his fist too hard, and gritted teeth from effort to remain silent, his hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent. His face was red with suppressed rage, and when Jinyoung uttered her name one too many times, he sighs in pity, letting go of the frightened boy. 

He whips around, on his path to walk back to the field when Jinyoung decides to underestimate his anger. "For the record, she came on to me." He says. 

It was the last straw.

Something snaps in him, and he whips around, swinging his fist ruthlessly into the latter jaw. A faint crack resides, and both of them simply stare at each other for a while, one in anger and the other in fear. 

"Don't." He growls. "Don't talk about her like that." 

"What's going on ?"

Two girls had sauntered out of the locker rooms they'd previously ran to, gazing at the sight before them. 

"Never mind. I think I know." One of them mutters, running back into where she'd just come from. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Late at night in the dorms) 

Everyone had visited the boy's dorm, except the boys of course, seeing as it was their dorm in the first place. They'd all seemed sympathetic towards Lisa who wore an expression even he couldn't read. 

What did it mean ? 

Was she upset with him ?

He racked his brain, trying to think from any possible perspective in hopes of finding out how he could help. Eventually, everyone had abandoned their plates from the sink to the dishwasher, and had likewise abandoned their seats on the couch as well, resorting to the comfort of their mattresses. 

The girls had bid everybody a dulled goodbye trudging back to their dorms though the night was pitch black around their invisible forms. The hours dragged on, and he remained on his bed the same way he got in. Staring emptily at the ceiling. 

It must've been 3 am when he finally swings over the furniture and grabs his jacket, hurling it on himself and snatching the keys off the counter. He grips them tight both in nervousness and the need to keep the metal from jingling against one another.

He closes the door, hearing the soft click of the lock on the inside of the dorm. He grins slightly, a devilish look on his face as he sprints down the staircase of the boy's dormitory, rushing out against the pavement. His eyes drift to the narrow pathway between the gender segregated dorms, running through and reaching a large spiral staircase that winds up past the height of the dorms and leads to the old yet intact terrace on top.

He clambers up, trying to be quiet as his feet slowly lift off each step and step on another. He doesn't bother using each step, often skipping 4 or even 5 in an attempt to climb faster. Not a minute later, his foot touches the division where the end of the staircase meets the start of the dry cement that the terrace consisted of. 

"I knew you'd be here." He smiles. 

She sat at the edge of the terrace, her legs not dangling off the edge of the building, but swaying against the inner wall. Her back was against nothing as she prefers the view of the terrace rather than the full moon behind her. 

"Hey." She smiles. 

"You okay ?" He unzips his jacket as he walks over, about to wrap it around her before she gentle peels his hand off the zipper and does his jacket back up. 

"I'm not cold." She insists. He stands in front of her, his knees grazing against hers. 

"You'll fall off..." He mutters, tearing his gaze away from her and holding her forearm just in case she was met with an unfortunate turn of events. "Be careful." 

"You're upset, aren't you ?" He asks. She smiles, looking up at him and nodding. 

"A little, yeah. I've been trying to deny it all night."

"Did I not punch him enough ?" 

She looks confused before understanding his claim. "No ! No, it's not that. Trust me, I'm not upset because of any reason you can think of." 

"You do realize I'm sacrificing sleep for you ?" He asks, lowering his height to hers. She pivots, peering at the moon as he sits next to her. 

Both their legs dangle off the edge, their eyes glued on the skyline rather than the large fall below. His hand goes in front of her waist just in case, making her steal several glances at him. 

"You can tell me anything." He promises. 

"I can tell you anything." She grins at the moon, nodding. 

"Course you can." He nudges her elbow with his. "How come you're not?"

"This is an exception." She blushes, thankful for the darkness that covered it. 

"Have you told anyone ? It's not good to keep things by yourself." 

"Yeah. I told Jisoo, Jennie, and Chaeyoung. Apparently it was obvious." 

"What was ?"

"The reason I'm upset."

"You're a confusing girl." 

"That I am." 

"Ugh... So unbearably irritating." He scoffs with a smile, shifting his gaze from the moon to her and back to the crescent in the sky. 

"Why do you like spending time with me then ?" She presses. 

"Because...you're you."