Chapter 49 ~ Bull's Eye

"Jungkook ?"

"Yeah ?"

"I think I chickened out again." 

"Of course you did."

3rd Person's POV ~ 

"It's been 2 hours." She hisses, her feet shuffling sheepishly upon the steel bleachers. 

"It would've been 2 minutes if you just walked up to him and apologized." Jungkook chastises. "It'l be fine, just go up there, say sorry, and hug or whatever." He mumbles with an unsure tone. He isn't a romantic.

"What if you and Lisa were dating ?" She snaps. "And you guys got into a fight. Would it be easy for you to say sorry ?"

He blushes and bites his lip to block a smile spreading across his face and trying to regain the strictness in his voice. "Enough about me and her, that's not important right now." He dismisses.

Jin spots them, his arm momentarily stopping before he turns back to the target board in front of him and releasing the arrow that was slung on the string of the bow. The head of the spear hits the green region marked '8', and he takes in a frustrated sigh, walking to the board and ripping out the weapons which had all made holes in the '7'-'9' area instead of the spotless '10' that he always hit.  He walks back to his post and attempts to grab the arrow again, pulling it back and closing one of his brilliant, unusually cold eyes. 

He felt his muscles scream at him as they clenched against the splinters of the arrows. However, his arms didn't scream at him in pain ; They screamed at him to walk over and punch the guy that had just begun to flirt with the girl who's gaze was strictly limited to his sweaty form. 

He tilts his chin in anger, a crackling sound arising from his neck as his back starts to tense. He lets the arrow go, though soon knowing that it was the wrong choice to do so. The wood sliced through the air and harshly hit the board, pushing the entirety of the board back as the easel slaps against the ground. He trudges over again, grabbing the wood by the tail of the arrow and pulling the easel and the reusable weapon up in one go, slipping it into the narrow basket by his side. 

Jungkook gulps in fear as his best friend sends a glare at the boy behind him who continues to meddle with Jisoo. Jin turns calmly yet angrily back to the upright easel, imagining the guy's grinning face at the bull's eye. 

Surprise, surprise, the arrow struck the perfect center. 

He heard the shrieks and ,what he considered, the wails from the girls on the opposite bleachers cheering him on. His eyes flutter close in anger before they switch open and he marches to the store room, slipping off the equipment. 

Jin walks swiftly past the both of them, freezing when both Jisoo and Jungkook had stood up on the bleachers, Jisoo's small warm hand encircling his cold, veiny forearm. 

"Can I help you ?" He asks, his chiseled chin barely tilted in her direction.

"N-no--er, I'm sorry," She stutters, letting go of his hand. He lags for a moment as if he didn't mind her touch but snaps out of his trance and mutters something like, 'Don't apologize,' before heading into the locker rooms. 

"Wait outside." Jungkook ushers the dumbstruck girl outside the boys' changing rooms, letting her back lean against the brick wall as he runs inside the building. 

"Hey." He huffs. Jin offers a small, meaningless smile to him, grabbing his bag and slinging it over his back. "Are you going to talk with her ?"

"By the way it's going, I don't think so." He says darkly. "I was hoping to, though."

"Great. A small step forward." Jungkook pats his back supportively. "At least you want to talk to her, man. That's progress." 

"Thanks, kiddo." Jin smiles small yet genuinely, ruffling the latter's hair. 

"For the last time, stop calling me that." Jungkook scowls in good fun. 

"You coming ?" Jin asks, tugging Jungkook's shirt when he doesn't follow him out.

"Yeah, I will. I just thought I'd work out a bit." He shrugs, swinging open his locker door and holding up his bundle of clothes that he hadn't bothered to fold. "I'll be back home in 3 hours."

"Cool." He nods, patting his back and heading out. He pulls the silky black sleeveless top up, revealing his stoned stomach and wiping the sweat dripping off his neck. He lets the cloth drop ruffling the sweat out of his hair. The small glint of happiness that had appeared when he was talking to his brother faded, going back to the cold gaze he had on for basically the whole week. 

He walks by the brick wall outside of the building, walking carelessly on and stopping when he hears Jisoo say, "Get away from me." His brows furrow in confusion, and he looks at the steel shingles in front of him, peering at the reflection of her behind him. 

Her back was pressed against the brick wall, and three other boys had smirked at her, drawling on without a care in the world. "Or what ? What are you going to do ?"

So much was running through Jin's mind. Jisoo was required by law to be discipline at school and avoid getting in trouble. Otherwise, she'd have to go back into the foster system. She's never been in trouble before, but he has. And he's willing to take the risk. 

With no warning, Jisoo had launched forward, her fist flying at the tallest of the three boys' jaw. Fortunately for the speckle git, Jin had caught her hand which had instantly loosened it's grip upon the contact. He steps in front of her, his hands in his pockets. "Do you guys have nothing better to do than mess with her ?"

"Oh, what are you going to do, protect her ?" The boy mocks. 

"On the contrary, I'm protecting you." He raises his eyebrow at the boy, looking down at him.

"From what ? One hot girl ? I can handle her pretty well, thanks."

"I'm warning you, stop here." He says. "You're lucky I'm not a violent guy."

"I don't need your petty warnings." The boy scoffs, lightly pushing Jin's chest back. He doesn't budge. "Now if you'd just move aside, there's a girl behind you that I'd like to meet. I haven't quite gotten to cop a feel yet."

Jin turns his face to the right, barely looking at her when he mutters, "Don't look." 

His fist whips in the boy's face, leaving him stumbling behind, scrounging around for the help of his scrawny entourage who'd already run off faster than their legs would usually care to carry them. 

Jin flicks the blood off his knuckles and stuffs them nonchalantly back into his pockets, ignoring a flabbergasted Taehyung with the others and Jungkook who'd meandered out in his gym clothes, his mouth agape. 

He clears his throat, moving away from what had been the closest he'd been near her for the last week before she taps his shoulder. His neck snaps to her. "Can we talk ?"

She looks down at the ground, and he doesn't answer for the longest time. She opens her mouth again, her throat slightly constricted. "It's okay if you say 'no'." She offers. 

"Why would I say that ?" He scoffs. 

"W-what ?"

"Let's go."