Chapter 10 ~ Sleepy Classmate

Jungkook's POV ~

I feel something knock repeatedly on my head, making a ruckus yet not doing any damage. I swat it away, turning my head in the other direction and resting it on my forearm. I hear a snicker reside next to me as I feel someone's hand tap my shoulder, trying desperately to get me awake. I finally lifted my head, my eyes thinned to slits and my lips pressed sleepily in a pout. I look around for the source of distraction when I see Lisa.

"Why'd you wake me up ?" I ask drowsily. Wordlessly, she juts her chin at the professor who was staring at me confusedly.

"Everything alright back there ?" He asks, pulling his glasses down.

I nod, discreetly ruffling my hair back to its original shape. "We're fine." The professor turns to the textbook, pushing his glasses back up his nose. I peek over a student's head to make sure he's not looking my way and turn back to Lisa.

"Thanks." I grin. The corner of her mouth lifts up creating a half-smile.

"I suppose it was my fault for your lack of sleep. I owe you that," She turns back to her book, twirling her pencil over and over again so mesmerizingly that I can't look away.

As the bell rings, I stuff my notebook in my backpack, cringing when I hear papers crumple. Nevertheless, I swing the bag over my shoulder, standing up and stretching my sore legs. I grunt in pain, catching Lisa's attention.

"Sore ?" She asks with a knowing smile.

"So much. I think I did too much yesterday."

"I think you can do more," She says.

"Yeah, maybe......" I say, bending my knees one by one. A pen rolls off her desk as she struggles to get it. I see a couple girls snicker behind her, thoroughly irritating me. I pick up the pen, handing it to her, and placing her notebooks and textbooks inside her bag for her, carrying it with my hand.

"Let's go," I say to Jisoo and Jin. She nods, hurriedly grabbing her bag carelessly, spilling out its contents.

"Uhhh," She says, her eyes flashing between Lisa and her bag. "You guys go. I'll come," she says. When I refuse, she insists, gently pushing me and Jin towards the door and patting Lisa's back.

"If you say so," I shrug, waiting for Lisa to get out before me as I wave at a stubborn Jin refusing to leave and Jisoo who fruitlessly attempts to swat him away.

Walking to the cafeteria, a group of girls stops her, overly sweet smiles plastered forcefully across their faces. When she raises an eyebrow at them, the one in the center speaks up.

"Would you like to sit with us ?" She asks. Lisa looks at me confused about whether she should say yes or not.

"Actually, she's sitting with us," I hear Jisoo's resounding voice come from behind me.

"Oh.." the girl says, dejected, "Okay then." As she and her group of hyenas walk away, Jin laughs lightly, approaching us.

"Did they think Lisa was going to beat them up? They came in like a SWAT team," He says, earning a laugh out the rest of us.

"Let's find a spot," Jisoo says, eyeing Lisa considerately. I find a nearby table, pulling out a chair for her. When everybody is seated with food, she leans her crutches against the wall, calmly eating.

"Lisa, didn't you say you had a friend named 'BamBam'? Why don't you ask him to sit with us ?" Jisoo says in an attempt of making conversation.

"He's a year older..."She says, taking a break from eating, "In his last year of college. They have different meal times than us." She explains. "Tell me about you guys."

"Gladly," Jin says, not bothering with the light punches his girlfriend was throwing at him. "I'm a genius. You know Suho ?" He asks. When she nods, he continues, explaining himself as if he was talking about a movie, "I befriended him to prank him." He says. I watch Lisa's face as it breaks into a smile, heavily intrigued by the idea. Jin points to me, having found his new target, "He did too. We're in this for the long run," He says, leaning back in his chair.

"It's pretty fun," I start, "It's like playing good cop, bad cop," Spotting the confused look on Jisoo's face, I let out a laugh and continue, "I'm sort of indifferent with him while Jin acts like he could marry Suho on the spot if he asked," I say. I hear Lisa's tinkling laugh mesh with Jisoo's as Jin's eyes nearly pop out of their sockets.

"You're a genius! If I was his husband, he wouldn't even think to doubt me when I prank him. I should do that !"

"You should do what ?" Suho walks over, clueless yet smiling like the idiot he is. He sits down next to a disgruntled Jisoo who scoots further away from him.

"Suho, will you marry me ?" Jin asks, straightforward. I choke on my banana milk, tears already forming in my eyes.

"No," He shuts Jin down, not even slightly flustered that he asked. "My fourth finger is reserved for someone else," He says smiling at Jisoo obviously and putting his hand on her shoulder. Instead of getting mad, Jin takes the more amusing approach.

"Why are you cheating on me ?" He asks, 'pained' as he throws Suho's hand off her shoulder, leaving Lisa, Jisoo, and I with knowing smiles.

"Forget it," Suho scoffs, "Not that you would understand. You have such poor taste in women," He says, stabbing the meat on his plate with inexplicable force. Jisoo stifles a laugh as Jin's blank, disbelieving face flashes between her and Suho.

"What did I do ?" He mouths at the three of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the dismissal bell rings, I wandered about the school, the art room finally drawing me in. Sitting in my regular seat, I grab a paintbrush, and dip the delicate tip of it into a random color; I don't have a favorite. But as I look past the canvas, I notice a familiar figure sitting opposite me.