Chapter 111 ~ Speechless

*A/N :

I noticed that I've been getting a lot of new readers, so I just wanted to give a quick warm welcome to those who are reading this book for the first time ;)

Also, this chapter has to be a tad shorter. 

Just a tad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person's POV ~ 

His eyes widen, his jaw undoubtedly hanging. His lips weren't parted comically, but he was short of breath, his limbs going numb all of the sudden. His phone hit the carpet with a dull thud as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, fiddling with an earring. Her lips were actively moving, but he couldn't hear anything. There was only one thing he could manage to say when his gaze remained fixed on her face.

"Wow."

She looked ethereal.

She bit her lip like she was about to laugh, and punched his shoulder. "What's gotten into you ?" She asks. 

He shook his head, no doubt still taken aback from her beauty. He didn't want to give her an opening to tease him later. Her dress was sleek black, almost like satin. It was short, the bottom hem reaching up till the top of her knees. Her feet were graced with tall stygian heels, and even then she couldn't manage to look tall next to him. The dress itself was lacy on top and opaque on the bottom, yet black throughout. 

Her hair was parted differently that night. It wasn't half and half like usual, but rather one part brushed over like a tidal wave and the other part tucked behind her ear. He knew he shouldn't, but he couldn't stop staring at her even as she tugged him around the dorm for reasons he didn't bother listening to. 

Her long hair swept over her back, and at one point he'd caught a glimpse of one of her scars. The dress was backless. He wondered why she'd chosen it, but his gaze drifted to the way her hair was parted again. The side that had more hair drowned over the scar, covering most of it. Then, he'd realized why she'd chosen not to tie her hair up like she always did. As much as she hated having her hair down, he deduced that she wanted to cover her back. 

Just to let her have a sense of security, he pretended to have not noticed that detail. 

"Oh, Jisoo wants us to send her a picture." Lisa smiles, quickly taking a photo of her heeled foot and sending it. When she got a lengthy reply of R-rated words, she snickered and raised her phone lens. 

She smiled, raising her hand up high to capture both of them in the frame. She spotted him staring at her, not noticing at least the bare minimum of his surroundings. She whacked the back of his head, and he blinked between the screen and her, finally staring into the lens of the device. 

She smiled while he didn't, and the picture portrayed that. She looks at him and then at the picture, shrugging and sending the photograph to her friend anyway. "Oh well." She says carelessly. "It's not me that looks like a gaping fish anyway." 

"Your hair." He says, seeking confirmation for his suspicion. As if someone had flipped a switch, she stiffened, and he understood, smoothly flowing into a compliment. "It looks really pretty." 

She took a second to process his words,  but when she did she smiled, slowly easing up and sending a silent 'thank you' through her eyes as though she didn't have the courage to say it verbally. 

"I didn't do anything special to it." She smiles. "How 'pretty' can it look?"

"You tell me." He mumbles, remembering a similar situation playing out before they'd started dating when he told her she looked nice in his now favorite burgundy sweatshirt. 

She ignored him, whipping around and pressing a soft kiss on his forehead. Normally, he would've started to wind his arms around her waist, but he stopped himself when he remembered he'd be touching her scar. When he didn't react, she pulled away with no joking glint in her eye for once. "Thanks for not bringing it up." 

"Bringing what up ?" He feigns cluelessness. 

She lets a small smile break her facade, but the grin was more heartfelt than she'd ever remembered it being. "You know." She insists, like she knew exactly what he was thinking every second of every day. "You know, don't you ?"

He froze, slightly hesitant. "Please tell me the correct answer." He begs, making her laugh. "I'm not sure what to say." 

"You don't have to say anything." She reassures. "Just answer my question."

His mind was racing, her ornate russet eyes fixed on his hazel ones. Finally he said, "I know that you look insanely cute today."

"Anything else ?" She smiles at his nervousness, patting his shoulder in comfort. 

"No." He said. 

The whole evening had passed, and that was the only thing he said without hesitating. He knew she'd want to back out if he brought it up. 

Without another thought, she kissed him. Even if she loved chocolate, he was still the sweetest thing she'd ever put her lips on.