Chapter 69 ~ Tainted Jacket

*A/N :

Phew ! On a roll with the updates lately. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person's POV ~ 

"Tzuyu !" He calls after her, jacket in hand.

She turns around, obviously irritated. Her expression drops and her lips curl in a maniacal smiles as she tucks an invisible strand of hair behind her ear. "Yes ?" She giggles.

He looks revolted but manages to say, "Can you do me a favor ?"

"Hmmm....," She smiles, twirling a chunk of stiff hair coated to the max in hair spray around her fingers. "What's in it for me ?"

"Okay, bye." He shrugs, walking away from her. 

Her hand nearly rips the shoulder of his shirt when she tries to grab him back with frantic apologies and stutters. "Wait ! Wait, I'm sorry."

"No, its fine, I can find somebody else to help."

"I'll do it. What do you want ?" She asks, deeply sorry she'd ever meddled with him several seconds ago. 

"Can you give this jacket to Lisa ?" He asks, continuing. "It's chilly outside and she didn't wear any extra layers." 

She looked disappointed at first, her lips pursing in contemplation before she nods reluctantly. "Fine." She grumbles. 

"You don't have to do it." He says. 

"No, I'll do it." She says. 

"Thanks." He says, tossing her his sweatshirt that he'd previously worn during detention. 

"Ow !" She whimpers when the cloth hits her lip, putting emotion in her acting in hopes of him helping her. 

"I didn't chuck it at you." He scowls. "Maybe if you tried to catch it, your lip wouldn't hurt."

"But it does." She stomps her foot, and his eyes widen in disgust. 

"Well what do you want me to do about it ?"

"Kiss it."

"I'll fucking punch it."

She cowers away, punching his shoulder in a way that enraged him. "You shouldn't hit girls." 

"Yeah, and somehow you're always preaching for equality." He grumbles. "If you can punch me, why can't I punch you ?"

"S-sorry."

"No--," What he said next seemed to physically hurt him when he uttered the words. "I'm sorry too. You're doing me a favor, I'll try and be nice."

"Hm." She smiles in satisfaction. "Thank you."

"This doesn't mean we're friends." He says warily. She looked disappointed, but a glint appeared in her eyes, and he suddenly seemed hesitant to let her carry out the favor. 

"Thanks..." He says slowly, turning his back on her and running back up the stairs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are we done yet ?" Lisa groans, looking over her paper. Jihyo smiles in amusement, pointing at a question. 

"You can't write 'Dramatic bitch' under 'Who was Juliet ?'." She grins. 

"She wrote that ?" Sehun chuckles, holding out his hand for the paper. Lisa gives it to him, but quickly regrets her decision as he began reading out her answers to every question. 

Who was Juliet ?

A dramatic bitch.

Who was Romeo ?

Ask Shakespeare.

Who was Shakespeare ?

Thou should search it up. 

What is the moral of the story ?

Don't write poetry

Would you read this story again ?

If I ever ran a torture chamber, yes.

"What kind of answers--?" Sehun couldn't manage continue through his laughter. 

"Stop...." Lisa mumbles through a blush, snatching the paper out of his calloused hands and covering her face with it. "When are we going to be done with this ?"

"We have to log 3 hours of group work." Jihyo spouts intelligently. "We've only got 10 minutes left, but we've already finished everything." 

"Then what do we do for ten fucking minutes ?" She slouches on the chair. 

"Very ladylike, aren't you ?" Sehun grins. 

"Exquisitely Poised." Lisa nods with a smirk. 

"Ah, there's the last one." Jihyo scowls as Tzuyu walks through the dim evening light. "Wasn't there when we needed her, and now she's going to take all the fucking credit." 

Lisa and Sehun both looked at each other then at their group leader in surprise. "You swore." Lisa said in disbelief, a smile spreading over her face. 

"Yeah." Jihyo said defiantly. "Yeah, I-I did." 

"We must plan a celebration." Sehun insists, grinning knowingly at Lisa who's excitement had taken over. 

"Party !" She blurts. "Streamers, cupcakes, airhorns-"

"How the fuck does an airhorn find it's way into a party ?" Jihyo asks. Lisa stares at her before rambling on once again. 

"More streamers, more cupcakes, more airhorns-"

"We get it." Tzuyu scowls. "Shut up." 

Jihyo stood up sourly. "You don't have any right to say that to her. Lisa worked on our project fair and square. Where were you ?" 

Suddenly, Tzuyu's eyes lit up. "I was with Jungkook." 

"He was in detention." Lisa scoffs. "The dork texted me a monologue more tragic than Romeo and Juliet." 

"I-," Tzuyu blushed, and Lisa didn't care enough to ask whether it was out of anger or embarrassment. "He caught up to me in the hallways before I came here."

"Is that why you have his sweatshirt on ?" Lisa smirks. "The fucker's cheating on me." She jokes, making Jihyo stifle a laugh. 

"You're--You're not upset ?" She looks astounded. 

"Gods, no." Lisa waves off. 

"Ugh--You take the fun out of everything." Tzuyu growls, throwing a tantrum as she violently rips of the sweatshirt and throws it at Lisa who catches it effortlessly. "He asked me to give it to you."

"Why ?" It was Lisa's turn to look confused. 

"He didn't want you to be cold..." She mumbles under her breath. "And he said he noticed you didn't have a jacket on." She scowls. "Couldn't you just bring a jacket ?"

"I'm very forgetful." Lisa says. "My hearing is getting worse by the day, and oh my ! Is that a gray hair I see--"

"Just shut your mouth." Tzuyu snaps. 

"Your highness." Lisa obeys, using her fingers to close her jaw. 

"Oh, Daniel's here." Jihyo blushes, rushing over to him after shooting a cold glare at a certain someone. Sehun had chosen to leave in secrecy (He was long gone before Tzuyu started to spit insults at Lisa.) 

"I should get going." Lisa says, standing up and putting the jacket on. 

"Where ?"

"None of your business." Lisa says, finally letting the anger seep through every crack of her voice.