Ruby Red - Ali Stinson

Book: Ruby Red, A Story of Love and Romance

Genre: New Adult Romance

Author: dlcroisette

Character: Ali Stinson

Nominated by: me

About the story:

Ruby Red is a sweet and sexy romance romp that follows Ali Stinson, the girl who seems to have everything, on her journey from riches to rags to love. It's a light-hearted love story that will have you gasping, grinning and glad you read it.

Ali Stinson is a 24yr old who has locked her heart away while trying to recover from a cheating husband. A lavish lifestyle and seemingly endless supply of sexy men to play with are attempts to fill the void of her hollow life. Ali's plan to seduce the new pool boy goes awry and sets her on a path of self discovery that changes her life in ways she never could have predicted, including the potential to find true love.

Sam Freemont has recently arrived in town seeking a fresh start and trying to eek out a living in his new circumstances. A chance encounter with a red-lipped, raven haired beauty at his place of work turns Sam's world upside down and threatens to expose the secret he is desperately trying to hide.

Sometimes you find love only after you have lost everything else. 

Hello Ali

Hello Ali.  Can I call you Ali or do you prefer something else?

Ali is great.  My full name is Alexandria but I prefer Ali

Great. Nice to meet you Ali.  And thanks for taking the time to talk to us.

It's a pleasure to be here. 

Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

Oh, I'll have a lemon vodka martini please.

Tell me a little about yourself?

My name is Alexandria Stinson, but as I said, I prefer to be called Ali. I'm a 24 years old woman, recently divorced (I know, but he cheated so what's a girl to do) and until recently I was enjoying the single life.

Where do you live?

I live in sunny California in the U.S. Well, it's sunny most of the time.

Do you have any jobs or hobbies?

I like to travel. I am also a member of the Liberty for All Foundation which aims to help the homeless get back on their feet by providing temporary shelter, job training and counselling.

What are some of your likes and dislikes?

I dislike cruelty - to people or animals. People who abuse their power annoy me, especially if it's at the cost of someone else. But lets talk about the good stuff. I like fashion, in fact I just discovered this up and coming designer - Jonathan Sparks - you are going to want to watch him. I also have a particular fondness for pool boys - well one pool boy in particular.

What is your greatest fear?

Wow, this got personal really quick. I guess I fear not doing enough in this world. Not being able to make a difference in my time on this earth. That and never finding love again.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

I would love to have a big family. Being an only child and not very close to my parents, it can be a bit lonely. I lost a lot of my married friends when I divorced Jack Blackhorne - yes that Blackhorne - but it's their loss. So I'm on my own a lot these days.

Are you happy we know your story?

Yes. If my tale can help one person understand that not everything that glitters is gold and that asking for help can only make you stronger, then it was a story worth telling.

Are you in love?

Well, there is this guy I just met. His name is Sam and he..well...he is just so kind and cute and smart and sexy. I could go on.. I feel I could fall in love with him far too easily.

Do you have an archnemesis?

Don't we all. My ex-frenemy Kate is mine. We used to run in the same circle, had the same set of friends. But somehow we were always pitted against each other. Personally, I think it was more about her husband. He seemed to be in some kind of competition with my ex-husband Jack.

Do you have a secret?

Ok - promise not to tell anyone? I just found out the firm that has been handling all the money I got from my divorce has "misplaced" all my funds. I have this big charity event coming up and I don't even have the cash to fill up my car with gas.

Do you like to cook?

I like to eat what other people cook. I have a housekeeper who makes most of my meals, I also like to hang out at my friend Brenda's place. Her and her husband own The Diamond Club and they have a great in house chef.

If you could go back in time for one day, where would you go?

I'd go back to my wedding day and tell myself not to marry Jack Blackhorne. My life would be so much better for it.

Is there anything you want to say to your fans?

You have all been so amazing. A little while ago, I didn't think anyone really cared. But you all proved me wrong and I really appreciate you and your support.

Can we look forward to reading more of your story?

You bet. I have a lot more to tell you. Spoiler alert - I just made a big move to the east coast and I can't wait for my life to get started there.

Thanks Ali for talking to us today.

That's it?  Well, this was fun.  Let's do it again sometime.

We'd love that.

To read Ali's story, click on the link in the comment here --->

Now it's your turn to ask Ali.

Add your questions as an inline comment here.  Don't forget to tag @dlcroisette so they can get the question to her.  ---->