In The Shadows - Chris Sanders

Book Title: In the Shadows

Book Genre: Mature Romance/Thriller

Author: 99sharks

Character Name: Chris Sanders

Nominated by: pseudonymLove

About the story:

Sussianna is 20 going to be 21, she lives in Boston, and it's her final year at Boston University College. She already knows what she wants to do for her life- a marine biologist. But after a horrible tragedy happened in her past, which keeps hunting her almost every single night, she lost all hope for her life to change. Now, she must learn how to cope with life. She felt her world had fallen apart; felt she would never escape her past and would be in darkness- what she calls "the shadows"- forever. Until her life changes by someone she never thought of.

When she crossed paths with a dark and mysterious guy named Chris she found everything she was hoping for. Chris seemed nice at first but became spiteful and rude to the point where he drives her crazy and makes her want to walk away from him, but it's not that easy to just walk away. She becomes under his spell; she wants to give him a chance and just maybe he will be the 'nice guy' he proclaims he is. But he's not what he all seems to be and becomes what she'd feared the most.

Hello Mr. Sanders.  Can I call you Chris? 

My birth name is Christopher Sanders, but you can call me Chris for short. I actually prefer Chris because it reminds me of my father and he has always called me Christopher; therefore, I just despise my full name.

Chris it is. Welcome and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today.

You're welcome. I was not planning to do this, but Sussianna talked me into it. She can be persuasive and she thinks I am the one who is very persuasive. (Laughs)

Ha ha. Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

Hmm, some coffee... I like my coffee black with two sugars, please.

On it's way. While we wait, tell me a little about yourself?

My story? Well, there's not much to tell. My name is Chris Sanders and I'm twenty-seven years old. I started college at BU later on in life; most people graduate when they are twenty-one or twenty-two, but instead of going to school I decided to travel around the world for three years. Well, I actually traveled in the ocean on my sailboat- monohull. I do like to travel a lot.

Sailing the world.  That sounds cool. Where do you live?

I was originally born in New York. Since I was a small boy my father moved us from state to state and country to country. But when my grandfather got very ill, I moved to Boston and since his passing, I never left.