Drink Me - Aidan Cooper

Book Title: Drink Me

Book Genre: Thriller/Espionage

Author:  SkyJWright

Character Name: Aidan Cooper

Nominated by: JosieGrenwood123

About the story:

Riley Murphy is an ex Royal Marine who left the military after a fatal accident stole his best friend from him.

He is ready to leave his past behind and start a new career as a data analyst for the intelligence agency GCHQ. But when he is approached by MI6 for an unexpected mission, he will have to adjust to an incredibly different reality from the one he's been living in.

Riley will have to look through a thick web of lies and deception to make the decision that will change his life and that of the person he cares about the most.

Who are his true friends?

Who is the real enemy?

Once he learns the truth, there is no coming back.

Hello there.  Before we start, how should I address you?

My family calls me Aid but since we've just met I'd prefer Mr. Cooper, thank you.

Welcome Mr. Cooper and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today.

You're most welcome.

Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

I'll take a coffee with a glass of water, please.

Coming up. Tell me a little about yourself?

My name is Aidan John Cooper, I was born in England but my mother's family is Irish and I am very close to them and to their traditions.

Where do you live?

I live in a lovely penthouse flat in central London.

Do you have any jobs or hobbies?

I am a litigation lawyer, I'd like to have more free time to take on a proper hobby but I am a very busy man.

Ah, yes. Being a lawyer keeps one busy. What are some of your likes and dislikes?

I enjoy having nice and expensive things but I am not greedy, I love buying gifts for my family and especially for my fiance, Alice. What I really don't like are vices and bad habits like smoking or drugs.

What is your greatest fear?

To lose or disappoint the person I cherish the most.

That would be terrible. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

I wouldn't change anything. There are certain circumstances in my life that are less ideal than others or situations I had to approach in a harsh way but it's all for a good reason. What I think is: if you are going to regret it, then don't do it.

Good advice. Are you happy we know your story?

Not really, no.

Okay, let's switch gears a little. Are you in love?

I am, with two different people. They're very different types of love, of course and one of them I can't tell you about. The other one is for my fiance, Alice. She's...quite something.

Do you like to cook?

I do actually! It's one of the things that really calms me down.

Do you exercise or are you a coach potato?

I exercise quite regularly but I'm not a gym freak.

Have you ever served in the military?

I have not but my cousin Riley has had a long career in the Royal Marines. I didn't entirely agree with it when he joined but he's done quite well for himself and eventually some of his skills have turned out to be very helpful.

Oh, interesting. Do you have a secret?

Only one?

Oh my. Sounds like there's a story there. Is there anything you want to say to your fans?

I would like to thank them for their support because I know my side of the story is not the easy one. I would also like to remind them to always stay true to what they believe is right and not to let anybody dictate where their loyalties should lie.

Can we look forward to reading more of your story?

Yes, there's more to come. Again, I'm not thrilled about it but what can I do?

Good question Mr. Cooper. Our time is up so thank you for sitting down with me. I hope we can do it again sometime. 

Thank you for having me, it was a pleasure.

To read Mr. Cooper's story, click on the link in the comment here --->

Also here's a little teaser on the book:

Now it's your turn to ask Mr. Cooper.

Add your questions as an inline comment here. Don't forget to tag  SkyJWright  so they can get the question to her. ---->