A Bad Fall - Dylan F. Pratt

Book Title: A Bad Fall

Book Genre: General Fiction

Author: DariaLamtsova

Character Name: Dylan F. Pratt

Nominated by: elusive_6788

About the story:

A young, prominent and razor blade sharp financial analyst Dylan Pratt thought, that understanding human behaviour in the world of finance meant he could decipher people in general. But he was wrong.

After a long rift with his best friend, Sam, life brings them together again. This moment follows such an ordinary event of hiring a new assistant for Dylan - a young girl, Dakota by name.

Once the lifelines of this trio cross, a chain of unordinary events start to evolve. Not only Dylan notices that there is a connection between Sam and Dakota, the existence of which is denied by both, but also quite unexpectedly for himself Dylan realizes that he is falling in love with Dakota.

At the same time, changes in the life of Dylan's sister Dionne, such as an announced engagement, remind him not only about the reason of his long-lasting rift with Sam, but also serves as a memory of Dylan's background - which was far from the life of a white-shoe boy, as others could think of him.

It takes less than a month, before Dylan finds himself dragged into a whirlpool of events, where from he gets out committing a crime.

Hi Dylan. Can I call you Dylan or do you prefer something else?

Hi, I easily answer to Dylan, so, no nicknames needed.

Welcome and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today.

I couldn't refuse to this opportunity as it is something very new for me, you see, usually I am expected to speak about no other things but money and stocks. Not going to lie, I feel a bit nervous, neither can I deny my excitement. So, thank you for having me today.

Well, I'll try to make this as painless as possible. Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

What time is it? Ah, it's noon. A glass of gin and tonic will be just perfect. No ice, please. Thank you.

If I was a sales trader I'd be already roaring drunk by this time, but I have an excuse for my work title, so I may start catching up on alcohol level in my blood this late.

Good to know. Can you tell me a little about yourself?

(smiles wide outstretching legs) Okay, a little bit about myself you've said. Well, first of all my name is Dylan Pratt, and despite recently noticed weird tendency of having problems with names, I've been always comfortable with my name even though I am also the owner of a ridiculously old fashioned middle name which is Fenimore. I am a born Canadian, but reside in US since childhood. What else? I'm 27 years old, and I am a stock market analyst.