Kill to Love - Kzarico Mkgua

Book Title: Kill to Live

Book Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian

Author: KalnovaSupernova

Character Name: Kzarico Mkgua

Nominated by: SansRamzan

About the story:

Kzarico Mkgua is a talented fighter, bred by two past Champions. However, he finds himself alone now with both parents dead at the hands of their beloved game: Kill to Live. All he wants in life is to follow in his family's footsteps, simple. Until a strange girl appears one night, and with that simple, their futures are intertwined, forever.

Hi there. What should I call you? Do you prefer a nickname?

You can call me Kzarico, that's fine. The only person who dares to use a nickname for me is my insufferable friend, Auur.

Got it. Welcome Kzarico and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today.

Thank you for having me.

Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

The strongest whiskey you have, please. Along with a glass of water, just to keep myself balanced.

One whiskey with a water chaser coming up. Tell me a little about yourself.

Well, as you know, my name is Kzarico Mkgua, and I'm eighteen years old. I do little of anything other than training and fighting, it is a disease I cannot cure myself of. When I was a child, I used to get so into my head when training that I have cut and hurt my childhood friend more times than not.

Yikes. Where do you live?

I live in Eimopt at the student housing facilities at school.

Do you have any jobs or hobbies?

Does training day and night for the Games count? Or is that an addiction?

Maybe a bit of both. What are some of your likes and dislikes?

Oh, I'll go with my dislikes first; I do not do well with small talk or with people who are too loud. I'm not a very big fan of one of my most prominent opponent, Oxeria Haggmero. However, I do love my sword which is fashioned from carbon steel which can cut anything. I adore praise and attention--I am not ashamed to say so. And, hopefully Auur doesn't hear this, my best friend. He can be insufferable, but he will always have a special place in my heart, though I must insist it is miniscule.

Noted. What is your greatest fear?

Wow, that took a sharp turn...um, losing those who I hold dear. I've lost my parents, I can't stand to have anyone else taken from me.

I'm very sorry for your loss. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

I'd insist that my father not take part in the games, his death was a catalyst for so many things. I might have even strapped him in a chair in order to stop him.

Are you happy we know your story?

Yes, I am. It is nice to be seen as a person rather than just a fighter, as most people know me.

I'm sure there is more to you. Let's did a little deeper. If you could go back in time for one day, where would you go?

I would go to one of the rest days we had, where my parents took me out to meet with Auur's family. Something we always did, it was a routine. We'd run around, screeching at each other that they're a loser, only to then collapse into our mothers' arms as they held us close. I...I would give anything to go back to those times.

Sounds amazing. Have you ever served in the military?

Gods no, Pjkol is the military. It is a lifestyle that you have to be dedicated to, and yet be kept in the dark. I don't think I could do such a thing. I need the attention, the praise of hundreds, I need to show off. But I have a lot of respect for those who are able to take on such a big responsibility.

What do you think of Oxeria?

If only I knew! It's such a muddle when it comes to her, I have very little to go on with her. But to say I'm not intrigued by her would be a lie, as would saying that she doesn't scare the living hell out of me.

Tee Hee. How does it feel to finally have an opponent that meets you toe to toe?

I hate it, no one's challenged me like this since I was a child. Whenever I think I've won, she manages to surprise me and flip me onto my back. It is frustrating that she does not stop winning, and she doesn't seem to care about who I am. Which is outrageous, how can someone not know who I am? My parents were legends.

How far would you go to protect the ones you love?

It's easy for me to say that I would kill for those who are in danger, especially those close to my heart. That kind of protection over someone evolves very rapidly when you lose your two pillars. You soon find out that there is no such thing as too far for those you love. 

Is there anything you want to say to your fans?

Thank you all so much for reading my story. It's fascinating that there are people who are interested in my life. And, do not be fooled by Auur, he is so annoying that sometimes I have to restrain myself from tearing him limb from limb. He is not what you all seem to fawn over.

Can we look forward to reading more of your story?

Oh yes, certainly. So far, all you've gotten is a hint of me. You've all yet to see the Kill to Lives! I know I have to go train harder to make sure I am at my height performance. There is no room for mistakes.

Well I for one can't wait to read more.  Thanks Kzarico for chatting with me today. 

Thank you so much for having me, and hopefully the next time we speak I'll be dubbed Champion. It was a pleasure to be here.

Good Luck!

To read Kzarico's story, click on the link in the comment here --->

Now it's your turn to ask Kzaricco.

Add your questions as an inline comment here. Don't forget to tag KalnovaSupernova  so they can get the question to him. ---->