The Celestials of Tomorrow - Richard Jones

Title: The Celestials of Tomorrow

Genre: Adventure / Action

Author: Daughter_of_water2

Character Name: Richard Jones

Nominated by: leiana52

About the story:

If a man who looked like Indiana Jones walked up to you, claimed he was from the future, and said he needed your help, what would you do?

Well, personally I would run. But this isn't my story, now is it?

Anna Roderick, the stealthy vigilante.

Christian Wood, the tech genius.

Ace Smith, the runaway thief.

Oliver Fields, her partner in crime.

Julia Lynn, the shy bookworm with unseen power.

And River Briggs, who's closed off from the world.

Six individuals with six mysterious pasts. Watch as they, along with their not-so-Captain Captain, race along time to stop the doom of the future, and the world.

Hello Mr. Jones. May I call you Richard?

Richard is fine. And please, not Indiana Jones. I never understand that.

Welcome and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today.

Thank you for havin' me. I wasn't really expectin' this, honestly, but thanks again.

Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

I'll have a water, thanks.

One water coming up. Tell me a little about yourself.

My name is Richard Jones. I'm twenty four years old, and I'm the Captain of a team called The Celestials of Tomorrow. I traveled back in time to the year 2020 to assemble said team to try and stop my time from happenin'.

Time travel. Awesome. Where do you live?

As you may have realized, I'm not from this century. I live in the year 2193 in Australia. It's.. a horror, to put simply. The world is controlled by an organization known as S.A.G.E, who should do anything and everything to stay in power.

That sounds ... horrible. I. This future do you have any jobs or hobbies?

I used to be an Age Keeper, a team of Time Travelers who are supposed to protect the Timeline. But they arrested me the first time I tried to travel back to this year.. so when I was on my way to trial, I ran off and actually time traveled here.

When your not "travelling" what are some of your likes and dislikes?

I like to read, usually mystery books. Maybe a fantasy once or twice. It takes my mind off the real world for a bit, y'know? Lets me forget the horrible things around me. What I DISLIKE, however, is when people don't follow orders. Which is ironic, since I was never one to do so. But if it's simple and easy, you should be able to do it, y'know?!

I agree. What is your greatest fear?

Failin' everyone around me.. I want to be able to save my time, or all of it will for bloody nothin'. I've already done it once, I ain't gon' do it again.

So if you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

Hmm.. that's a toughie. Maybe to know who this 'Indiana Jones' is. Everyone, especially Miss Smith, calls me by that name. I never know why. *shrugs*

Trust me, it's a compliment. Are you happy we know your story?

I actually am. Hopefully when we fix the Timeline, and even though none of y'all will be alive to see it, the future is better than what it was before.

Are you married?

HEH, no, no I'm not. I'm only twenty-four, for cryin' out loud! But maybe one day I hope to be. I'm not entirely sure.

Do you have siblings?

I.. used to. I had a younger sister. Her name was June, used to call her Junebug. *smiles wistfully* She used to love to see all sorts a' critters, even keep some of 'em as pets. Our mother used to get so mad when she found 'em hidin' in the walls of our house. I was only fifteen when she disappeared.. I haven't seen her since..

Oh, how awful.  What's a day in your life like?

Full of dealin' with Miss Smith and Mister Fields, runnin' the Eracruiser, and makin' sure we don't screw up the Timeline.. yeah, that's pretty much it.

If you could go back in time for one day, where would you go?

If I didn't have my mission to think about, maybe the time of Pirates. June used to love those ol' thieves. Besides, maybe breakin' some more rules would be fun.

Ah, those rules again. Do you have a secret?

I do, in fact. But if I told ya, it wouldn't be a secret, now would it? *smirks* But don't worry, y'all find out what it is soon enough...

Probably.

Ooh, a teaser. Is there anything you want to say to your fans?

I just want to thank you lot for readin' our story. Without you.. and S.A.G.E in all honesty.. the Celestials woulda never been a thing. So thanks. Also feel free to ask me anythin' ya like.

Can we look forward to reading more of your story?

Yes, yes you can. Sam, our author, will try to update when she can. So that's that.

Well Richard you did great. I wish you luck with your mission. Thanks for talking with me today. 

You're welcome, and thanks for inviting me again. Sorry if didn't give as much info as you woulda liked, but ya know what they say. Knowing too much about the future can be dangerous. *chuckles*

I have heard that before.

To read Richard's story, click on the link in the comment here. ——>

Now it's your turn to ask Richard.

Add your questions as an inline comment here. Don't forget to tag Daughter_of_water2 so they can get the question to him. ---->