The Stag and The Frog Part 1 - Meera Reed

Title: The Stag and The Frog Part 1

Genre: Fanfiction / Romance

Author:  lisa_london_

Character Name: Meera Reed

Nominated by:  000artemisrising000

About the story:

This is the Game of Thrones romance you didn't know you wanted. This is the story of how Lord Gendry Baratheon met Lady Meera Reed.

***

Yesterday she almost died protecting Bran Stark. Today she's not sure he's worth dying for.

Meera Reed gave up everything. For Bran Stark and the quest her brother sent them on. But now her brother is dead and she's been discarded by the boy she swore to protect. All she has left is her home, and she will do anything to defend it.

But then she meets someone. A young man who's never had a home.

Yesterday he was a bastard and a blacksmith. Today he's a lord.

Gendry Baratheon has never had anything. No last name, no family, no power. Now he has it all. But his heart is broken. And he has no idea how to do any of the things expected of him as a lord. But he will try anyway.

In him Meera finds something she didn't even know she was looking for. She finds love.

But as the kingdom shatters around them they will have to fight for that love.

Hello! May I call you Meera?

My name is Lady Meera Reed. You should call me Lady Reed. It's not proper customs to call a lady by her first name unless you know her.

Apologies Lady Reed. Welcome and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today.

You're welcome, although I hope this won't be too long. I have duties to tend to back home in the swamp.

I'll try not to take too much time. Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

Water please. I don't like wine, I prefer to stay sharp. And I don't even know what the rest of the options are.

On its way. While we wait can you tell me a little about yourself?

I'm Lady Meera Reed. My father is Lord Howland Reed. What else is there to know about someone except their name and their family? That's what matters in this world. I am my family and my lands.

Where do you live?

In the Neck, right in the borderlands between the North and the rest of Westeros, which is the kingdom where I live. The lands are swampy and wet. People say they are inhabitable but my people thrive there. Our castle there is called Greywater Watch and I live there with my father.