It Burns Within Us - Bren Hadaway

Book Title: It Burns Within Us

Book Genre: New Adult/Romance

Author: amelierhys

Character Name: Bren Hadaway

Nominated by: msunshinebooks

About the story:

Bren Hadaway is determined to succeed at college. His learning disability and the dark, unfortunate circumstances of his childhood have always put him a step behind everyone else, but he's decided he's done with that. However, he soon learns that it's tough to get ahead when his support system has vanished, and he's on his own. And Bren is far too stubborn to ask for help when he needs it.

Luckily, Bren meets Madie Lenertz. She's bright, bubbly, and beautiful. Bren realizes that everyone-even people as perfect as Madie Lenertz-look for help in college to succeed.

But the more time Bren spends with Madie, the more obvious it becomes that Madie needs help with more than just her schoolwork. Madie's life is completely intertwined with the life of her boyfriend, Quinton. And Bren is the only one who can see that Quinton is toxic to Madie's beautiful soul. He isn't sure of the extent of Quinton's abuse, but he knows, without a doubt, it's there.

The question is-can Bren open Madie's eyes to the truth before it's too late?

Hi there. What should I call you? Do you prefer a nickname?

Bren's fine.

Welcome Bren and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today.

No problem.

Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

I'd take a beer. Or I'll just take what you're having. I'm not picky.

I'm up for a beer. While we wait, tell me a little about yourself.

Uh, there really isn't much worth mentioning. Just another nineteen-year-old struggling through freshman year of college.

Where do you live?

California. But I haven't really stayed in one city for long recently.

Do you have any jobs or hobbies?

I worked for a bit at a coffee shop, The Grounds. It was chill. I don't really have any hobbies, though. Not good at much.

I'm sure there's plenty your good at. What are some of your likes and dislikes?

I like the same stuff as everyone else, I suppose. I used to play soccer. I like listening to indie music with my friend Nessa. I like watching movies and hanging out with my roommate, Beau. And, of course, I like absolutely anything that involves Madie Lenertz.

There's probably a lot more things I dislike. I don't like to dance. I don't like school. I don't like jocks. I really don't like jocks.

What is your greatest fear?

I don't usually tell people about that kinda crap. But...my greatest fear is definitely failing the people in my life.

I appreciate you sharing. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

Only one thing? There's a lot of sh--I mean, crap that I'd change.

But I wish my mom was still alive.

Oh, I'm sorry for your loss. Are you happy we know your story?

I mean, sure. It's not that interesting, but whatever.

I beg to differ.  Who's your favourite person in the world?

Madie Lenertz, hands down.

Do you have an archnemesis?

Kinda.

Quinton Reid would probably say we're enemies. But we're not, not really. Don't get me wrong- I hate him. I never want to see his stupid face again.

But I feel like enemies are usually fighting over the same thing. And there's no fight here. He's got no chance of winning what I have.

That's a great answer. Do you have any special talents?

None. Absolutely none. But sometimes I make Madie Lenertz laugh, and that's good enough for me.

I bet that's a great talent. Do you have a secret?

Too many.

If you could go back in time for one day, where would you go?

Probably the day my mom was killed. Because I know that now I could save her.

There are times I wish I had a time machine. Is there anything you want to say to your fans?

I really don't deserve having fans, but thanks for sticking around, I guess.

We all have fans. Can we look forward to reading more of your story?

Sure. Hopefully it isn't too fu-- . Uh, messed up.

Bren, that's all the time we have today.  Thanks for talking with me. 

To read Bren's story, click on the link in the comment here --->

Now it's your turn to ask Bren.

Add your questions as an inline comment here. Don't forget to tag amelierhys  so they can get the question to her. ---->