Ruby Red - Jack Blackhorne

Book: Ruby Red

Genre: Romance / New Adult

Author: dlcroisette

Character Name: Jack Blackhorne

Nominated by: DariaLamtsova

About the story:

Ruby Red is an award wining,  sweet and sexy romance romp that follows Ali Stinson, the girl who seems to have everything, on her journey from riches to rags to love. It's a light-hearted love story that will have you gasping, grinning and glad you read it.

Ali Stinson is a 24yr old who has locked her heart away while trying to recover from a cheating husband. A lavish lifestyle and seemingly endless supply of sexy men to play with are attempts to fill the void of her hollow life. Ali's plan to seduce the new pool boy goes awry and sets her on a path of self discovery, changing her life in ways she never could have predicted, including the potential to find true love.

Sam Freemont has recently arrived in town seeking a fresh start and trying to eek out a living in his new circumstances. A chance encounter with a red-lipped, raven-haired beauty at his place of work turns Sam's world upside down and threatens to expose the secret he is desperately trying to hide.

Sometimes you find love only after you have lost everything else.

Hello Mr. Blackhorne.  May I call you Jack?

(Rakes eyes over interviewer and breaks out his movie-star smile) You can call me anything you like, Sweetheart.

Ok.. Well welcome and thank you for agreeing to talk to us today.

It is my pleasure. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. 

Great.  Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

Looks like you have a well stocked bar back there.  Shall we break out some bubbly and celebrate you getting to talk to me?

Champagne it is then.  Let's get started.  Tell me a little about yourself.

So glad you asked.  As you and most people know, my name is Jack Blackhorne and I'm the sole heir to the Blackhorne fortune. (Flashes his Patek Philippe watch and adjusts his tie.) In case you didn't know, I am currently single.  But not for long.  So if you want your shot at this, we'd better get a move on.

Good to know.  Where do you live?

I have a few houses in the state of California, in the good ole USA. Are you from around here?

Let's stick to facts about you.  Do you have any jobs or hobbies?

C'mon, you know very well I'm the head of Blackhorne Enterprises - the most successful consortium around.  That little pill you took this morning to remedy your hangover, we made it.  But we do so much more than just pharmaceuticals. I'm very hands on in the consulting division helping business - adjust to their new realities. I'm currently assisting Stinson Studios with some restructuring.

What are some of your likes and dislikes?

I dislike not getting what I want.  Which never happens, so not a problem.  Oh, and I dislike sensitive blonde wanna be rich boys from New York who think they are better than me. Which they aren't. They should go back to where they came from.

And I like sex.  A lot. Do you?

(Interviewer blushes)  Jack, I'm not being interviewed here.  Let's try something different.  What's your greatest fear?

Really? You want to talk about fear?  Fear is for losers. But I'm not a fan of hospitals.  My uncle, who practically raised me wasted away in one when the incompetent doctors couldn't cure his cancer. Next question.

Sorry to hear about your Uncle.  If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

My life is pretty F#$%ing Fantastic.  Not much I'd change here.  Women want me, men want to be me. 

I only wish my parents were here to see what a success their only son has made of their company.  They died when I was 5 as you know. 

I'm sure they would be proud of you.  A few random questions.  Are you in love?

Love?  You have to be kidding right? Love is a chemical reaction for weak people like that blonde guy and my ex-wife. They are in "love".  I have not, am not, nor will I ever be in "love".

Do you exercise or are you a couch potato?

Did you know sex is a great form of exercise?  Keeps me fit as a fiddle.  (Leans back in his chair.) Don't you agree?

You do look very ... healthy.  Do you like to cook?

I like to eat the best the world has to offer. (Winks at interviewer)

Do you have a secret?

Many.  How about we head upstairs and play a game of quid pro quo?   A secret for a service?

Regretfully, I have to pass.  Do you have any ambitions?

Aside from getting you into bed?  (Laughs) I'm going to be the next Governor of California. I've always been interested in politics.  The power ... to make this world a better place.

Is there anything you want to say to your fans?

Oh, my fans.  I know you're out there and I look forward to meeting every single one of you.  Also, I hope I can count on your vote come election day.

Can we look forward to reading more of your story?

Honey, you don't know my story.  There is so much more to me and I'm going to make it my mission to make sure you get to read all of my story. You can count on it. 

Well, we all look forward to it.  Thanks for talking with us today Jack.

Wait? That's it? We still have a half a bottle of champagne to drink.

Sorry, Jack.  You're on your own.

Typical

To read Jack's story, click on the link in the comment here --->

UPDATE! Jack managed to make his wish a reality and got his own story. To read Black Hearted, click on the link in the comment here---->

Now it's your turn to ask Jack.

Add your questions as an inline comment here. Don't forget to tag dlcroisette so they can get the question to him. ---->