Playing With Fire - Ember Hestia Milburn

Book Title: Playing with Fire

Book Genre: Paranormal / Teen fiction

Author: june-writes

Character Name: Ember Hestia Milburn

Nominated by: hannahstar246

About the story:

She is Ember - a closed-off girl who has too many secrets. One being that she is a supernatural/mythical mix of a Phoenix, a Phoenix that she is struggling and trying desperately to control...

He is Theo - the cocky American who showed up from nowhere and now seems to be everywhere. The fact he's a werewolf just complicates things further.

The hunters are coming for Theo, under the alleged claim that he brutally murdered his pack...and it appears there's nothing Ember and her friends can do to stop them.

In this deceitful world of supernatural and normal humans, outsiders threaten both of them...yet can they be brought together by their desperation? Or will they forever be in conflict?

Hello there. What should I call you? Do you prefer a nickname?

Ember's good. The only person that's ever called me anything except Ember is Theo... *eyeroll*

Welcome Ember and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today.

Of course, I'm happy to be here!

Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

Just water, thanks. Soda makes my tongue hurt, coffee makes me hyper, and I'm underage, so I'm gonna have to pass on the alcohol, thanks.

Ok.  Water it is. Tell me a little about yourself?

I'm 15, nearly 16 years old (at the start of Playing with Fire), and I'm currently studying for my GCSEs...the few friends that I trust are great, my relationship with my parents isn't too good, but that's life, right?

Seems so. Where do you live?

I live in Lake Oldoy, a small lakeside town in the north of England.

Do you have any jobs or hobbies?

No jobs, and my hobbies are pretty limited. I love the countryside around where I live, so I quite often go for walks.

What are some of your likes and dislikes?

I like: people I can trust, dogs, aaand Theo (sometimes)

I dislike: haters, cats, and Eric (my ex)

Ah, the eternal dog vs cat debate continues. What is your greatest fear?

Losing people I care about.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

I would be normal: have a normal life, normal friends, normal everything. It's funny; a lot of non-supernaturals wish that they were supernatural, *leans in closer* but what tons of people don't realise is that pretty much every supernatural wishes they were normal.

Really? Are you happy we know your story?

I guess so, yeah. I mean, there are definitely parts that I wish @june-writes had left out...but *shrugs* there's not much I can do about it.

Do you have siblings?

I'm an only child. But that's kind of my fault. You see, it was an accident, and I didn't mean to...ugh I can't even talk about it *buries face in hands and mumbles* you'll find out in Chapter 22.

Oh my. Do you have any special talents?

You could say that, yeah...I just struggle with controlling my 'special talent'.

If you could cure one disease, which would it be?

Cancer. I had a really rare form of it when I was younger, and that's why I am the way I am today.

Do you exercise or are you a couch potato?

Well, I try to exercise, but I don't really have to do that much. Having a fast metabolism means I can eat a crap ton of food and not put on any weight. Stress and comfort eating, here I come!

Do you have a secret?

Yup. But don't we all?

Very true. Is there anything you want to say to your fans?

Fans?! I have fans?! Erm...hi?!

Can we look forward to reading more of your story?

Oh yeah, totally. Playing with Fire is the first book in a trilogy - a lot happens to me and my friends, apparently...

Ooh, looking forward to it.  That's all the time we have today. Thanks for talking with me today. 

Thanks for the interview!

You're welcome. 

To read Ember's story, click on the link in the comment here --->

Now it's your turn to ask Ember

Add your questions as an inline comment here. Don't forget to tag june-writes so they can get the question to her. ---->