The Moment We Met - Daniel Martínez

Book Title: The Moment We Met

Book Genre: Teen Fiction / Romance

Author: ivashkovLightwood

Character Name: Daniel Martínez

Nominated by: NefertitiFenison

About the story:

She: ever since her parents and sister died in a fatal car crash, Presley Jones has been living with her grandparents in Detroit. Now trying to heal her broken heart, her saxophone is the love of her life.....Then he stumbled into her path- that ridiculously charming, famed guitarist. She had been determined to swear off love but she knew that she would fail the moment she met him....

He: he had been branded a player- and that he was. He hopped from bar to bar and moved from girl to girl until he himself was on the receiving end of a toxic relationship. Desperate for a fresh start, Deon Martinez welcomes the family move to Detroit, taking only his guitar and sure that he was forever leaving his past. He was determined that he would never take advantage of a girl ever again. Then... she walked in to his life. That beautiful, smart girl who he could not help but fall for the moment he met her....

Hello. What should I call you? Do you prefer a nickname?

You can call me Dan. Everyone does.

Welcome and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today.

No problem at all.

Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

A beer would be fine

One beer coming up.  While we wait, tell me a little about yourself?

Well um... I'm twenty years old and I'm the eldest in my family. I moved from Madison Heights to Lakeshore, Detroit recently. I attended school at Madison High before I graduated and started working at one of my dad's hotels. That's about it I guess. Oh, and I'm gay. I have an amazing boyfriend.

That's great to here. Where do you live?

Like I said, Lakeshore, Detroit.

Do you have any jobs or hobbies?

At the moment, I'm working as manager at one of my dad's restaurants.  But, I like to write for fun. Mostly science fiction, fantasy and sci-fi.

What are some of your likes and dislikes?

I like riding bikes, going to parties, hanging out with my friends back from school. I'm not a fan of heights. I don't like people who are disloyal, judgemental and untrustworthy. Also, I hate snakes.

What is your greatest fear?

Losing my boyfriend, and my family.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

I would love to become a more responsible sibling like Deon— one of my older brothers.

Are you happy we know your story?

Yeah, I guess. I've got nothing to hide.

Well with that in mind, here's a few rapid fire questions. On Monday morning, are you excited to go to work, or are you sad?

I love my job. I'm happy and excited to go to work even though it can get a bit tough sometimes.

What's a day in your life like?

It's normal. I go to work in the morning. Come back home in the evening. Spend some time with my family. Go to sleep. Repeat.

Do you gave a pet?

Yes, our dog, Jacob. He was named after the werewolf in Twilight Saga by my sister.

Who's your favourite person in the world?

I love my mom more than anyone. But, don't tell my dad that.

Speaking of secrets - do you have one?

I cheated on my first girlfriend back in middle school with a guy when I first got to know I was gay. Well, it's not really a secret. Many know about it. However, my ex-girlfriend doesn't.

Let's hope she doesn't find out. Is there anything you want to say to your fans?

Not really... Guys, take care if yourselves. This world is dangerous and isn't easy to live in.

Can we look forward to reading more of your story?

Yeah, of course.

Great. I'm sure your fans will be happy to hear this. Thanks for chatting with us today Dan. 

Thanks:)

You're welcome.

To read Dan's story, click on the link in the comment here --->

Now it's your turn to ask Daniel

Add your questions as an inline comment here. Don't forget to tag IvashkovLightwood  so they can get the question to him. ---->