Promise Me - Brian Pena

Book Title: Promise Me

Book Genre: Romance

Author:  msunshinebooks

Character Name: Brian Pena

Nominated by:  rotorooters

About the story:

"I feel like I have Cinderella's glass slipper, except all I know is we have the same employer. I don't know if she's married or has kids, or will slap me in the face. What I do know is I never got over Sierra. This feels like fate, and I want my girl back."

Girl meets boy; girl ogles boy. The boy has a girlfriend, and the girl finds somebody else. Boy is jealousssss. Girl and boy stick closer than brothers but all good things come to an end when promises are broken.

Man and woman move on with their lives, still dreaming about each other until one day, destiny takes a hand.

Well, Hello Mr. Pena.  Can I call you Brian or do you prefer a nickname? 

I'm very easygoing - most people call me Brian or B, and I don't mind.

Welcome and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today. 

I love attention -- so it's my pleasure.

Good to know. Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey? 

I do intermittent fasting during the day and only intake water and coffee. I think I'm mostly made up of coffee already, so water is excellent.

One glass of water coming up. While we wait, tell me a little about yourself? 

I'm 32 with four younger siblings, and my family means everything to me. I'm friendly, easygoing, and affectionate, which can come off as too self-assured. One of my brothers and one of my sisters are married and have kids—my nieces and nephews have most of my heart.

Where do you live? 

I live alone in a two-bedroom house, and I'm hardly ever there. I love to be around other people. I live in Michigan, where it seems like winter is nearly half of the year, so I try not to lock myself indoors all winter.

Do you have any jobs or hobbies? 

I work as a physical therapist at the local children's hospital with kids who have physical challenges, and I love my patients! Working at the hospital has been one of my greatest accomplishments. Most of my activities involve being social and around other people, but I also enjoy being outdoors, cooking, and reading fantasy novels. My current favorite is the Hunters series by @JessEubanks.

Ooh, that is a good series. What are some of your likes and dislikes? 

This is so amusing, I saw my high school girlfriend Sierra last week, and we were talking about the things we knew in our bones about each other. And she was right with the things she remembered -- how much I love my family and that I despise getting up in the morning, that I'm too hard on myself. Um, I hate when people act entitled, being ignored, and watermelon. I love craft beer, sharing meals with my family/friends, and funny girls.

I like how you threw in watermelon I there. What is your greatest fear? 

People I love being hurt, especially if I'm the one who caused the problem.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? 

Sierra and I would have never drifted apart. I can't put into words what it felt like to see her out of nowhere, but I don't plan on letting her go without a fight.

A man with a plan.  Why aren't you married if you're known as such a romantic, charming guy? 

Without a doubt, I found out last week why when I saw Sierra holding her nephew like he was her son. My soul aches for hers.

Do you have an archnemesis? 

It might be me. I tend to make rash decisions and not realize they could hurt somebody because I'm used to only taking care of myself.

That's very self aware. Bravo. Do you have any events or people in your past who affect you today? 

All I wanted was to love and protect Sierra. That night was harrowing, and I wish—well, I wished I had handled it differently because it cost me everything.

Let's switch gears. On Monday morning, are you excited to go to work, or are you sad? 

If we could start it at like, ten, I'd be a whole lot more enthusiastic. But I adore my job, and I love the kids I work with; they make it all worth it. And, admittedly, discovering who my new coworker was in the main building last week might get me there on time, too.

What's your personal heaven like? 

Uhh, a holiday that starts at my parents' house. My best friend Zane's family are friends with mine, and we celebrate together.

I get to see the adults and talk, then run after the kids and play. I've had a girlfriend there with me before, and it's nice, but I'm choosing my personal heaven here. So, it would be The One there with me, and it would feel perfect until we decide to go home and be with just our family, and that would feel perfect, too.

Sounds lovely.  Are you happy we know your story? 

I am! I need all the help I can get here. It's not over yet -- barely halfway--and I need help doing it just right because this is my last chance.

Is there anything you want to say to your fans? 

Thank you for being supportive. I hope to make you proud and not pissed. I'm open to any ideas on how to get it right this time.

Can we look forward to reading more of your story? 

Yes! And, again, please let me know your ideas on how to win her over for good.

I'm sure our readers will have some thoughts  Well, our time is up. Thanks Brian for talking with me today.

It's been a pleasure talking with you and meeting a new friend. Take care!

You as well.

To read Brian's story, click on the link in the comment here --->

Now it's your turn to ask Brian.

Add your questions as an inline comment here. Don't forget to tag msunshinebooks so they can get the question to him. ---->