Charlie and Dia - Charlie and Dia

Book title: Charlie and Dia

Book Genre: Romance

Author:  Aamenah456

Character Names: Charlie and Dia

Nominated by: spaceface0

About the story:

Few words describe Charlie Jackson. He commutes on the train, he enjoys work, and he loves coffee. But there is more to Charlie that's on the surface. He has a stammer, and when things get uncomfortable, the speech impairment likes to make its grand appearance.

So when a compulsive chatterbox gains his attention on the train, naturally, he is bewitched. Dia's eagerness to surpass boundaries and the usual stiff-upper-lip mesmerises him, and he feels compelled to get to know her. Only his chance hasn't arrived just yet.

For Charlie, however, it seems fate has other plans, and when Dia strolls into work one day, he realises there is more to the girl who talks to strangers.

Dia has her own battles, and there is a reason why she chooses to live in the present. But can Charlie fight his demons to support Dia in facing hers?

Oh, hello you two.  What should I call you? Do you prefer a nickname?

"Oh we're just Charlie and Dia," Dia giggled, her smile wide as she held Charlie's hand in her lap. Her eyes were bright with excitement but Charlie's nerves were more overt, as he simpered, maintaining a slightly lowered gaze.

Welcome and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today. Before we get going, can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

"Thank you for having us!" Dia enthused. "Erm, I'll have a tea please, and Charlie...coffee?" She glanced at him he nodded affirmatively.

"Th-that would be great," He smiled, taking a small breath as Dia squeezed his hand once more.

Great.  While those are brewing, tell me a little about yourself.

Charlie glanced at his girlfriend, before taking a deep breath, and answering the question. "G-gosh well where to b-begin. M-my name is Charlie a-and I have a stammer," His posture strengthened with confidence as he continued. "I work f-for a publishing house, cr-creating covers for authors; I r-really enjoy it, and may have a sl-slight addiction to coffee."

"May have?" Dia questioned raising an eyebrow, as he chuckled, shaking his head.

"Okay I d-do, it just tastes so good," She nodded in agreement, before turning her head to the interviewer who was waiting for her response.