What He Never Said - Bowie Beaufort

Book Title: What He Never Said

Book Genre: General Fiction

Author: neurotick

Character Name: Bowie

Nominated by: elusive_6788

About the story:

Bowie Beaufort has been harboring a dangerous secret for seven years. Now Raelyn Porter is dead, and he feels responsible. With the guilt of her death weighing heavily on his shoulders, he must figure out how to move on with his life.

And also how to forgive himself for a crime that he didn't commit.

A tale of love, revenge, and family loyalty. Rediscover What She Left Behind in Bowie's perspective.

Hello Mr. Beaufort.  Can I call you Bowie?

Bowie is just fine.

Welcome and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today.

Yeah, no problem. I'm flattered that I was deemed interesting enough.

Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

*laughs nervously* Uh, I'll just take a water, thank you.

Tell me a little about yourself?

Well, uh, I'm a junior at UIC. I'm a marketing major. It's... alright. Nothing special, you know? I've actually been thinking about taking some time off to work on myself.

Where do you live?

I was born and raised on the North Side of Chicago. Haven't really been anywhere else.

Do you have any jobs or hobbies?

School is my only job currently. My parents offered to help support me financially while I'm a student. Education is something they take really seriously. As for hobbies, well... I'm just like any other twenty-year-old guy. I hang out with my friends, listen to music, smoke occasionally. The usual.

Education is important. What are some of your likes and dislikes?

I hate people who think they're untouchable — like they can do whatever they want without facing any consequences. Can't stand guys who take advantage of drunk girls, either. I like justice and, you know, basic human decency.

I agree on all points. What is your greatest fear?

That someone will find out what happened seven years ago....

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

I would have gotten out of bed that night instead of pretending to be asleep like a scared little boy.

Oh, don't be too hard on yourself. I think it was perfectly natural to be afraid. Are you happy we know your story?

That's a complicated question with a complicated answer. I'm happy that Rae will get the justice she deserves. But I'm terrified of what might happen if we ring that bell.

Ah, yes the fear of the unknown. Are you in love?

"Love" is a strong word. I met a girl at a diner recently. Her name's Zayna, and I can't tell if she's into me or if she hates my guts. Either way, I can't stop thinking about her.

Do you have siblings?

I'm the youngest of three. There's Gemma, my hard-working, tough-as-nails big sister. She's a pain in the butt sometimes, but I love her. Then there's my brother. I don't like to talk about him.

Oh, okay then.  Who's your favourite person in the world?

Alright, so this might sound odd, but my parents are fostering a six-year-old named Evangeline. She's had a rough go of it, but she's also the sweetest and most insightful person I've ever met. On Christmas, she told me I was her favorite, and... I don't know. She makes me want a family of my own someday.

That's not odd, it's awesome. Do you have an archnemesis?

There's only one person in the world that I truly despise, but for the sake of my family, I keep my thoughts to myself.

Do you exercise or are you a couch potato?

Total couch potato, but I'm still in decent shape, so I'm not signing up for a gym membership just yet. 

Is there anything you want to say to your fans?

Just know that I'm not a hero. I'm merely a guy who tries to do the right thing. I'm not perfect; none of us are.

Well said. Can we look forward to reading more of your story?

I'd like to say yes? It's surely an... interesting ride. Can't promise a happy ending just yet, though.

Well I'm hoping for one. Thanks for chatting with me today. 

To read Bowie's story, click on the link in the comment here --->

Now it's your turn to ask Bowie.

Add your questions as an inline comment here. Don't forget to tag neurotick so they can get the question to him. ---->