MINE - Alexandra Brown

Book: MINE (If I Were You)

Genre: Romance

Author: MeganVinotucino

Character Name: Alexandra Brown

Nominated by: MonicaNguon

About the story:

What if evolution took another path? If flimsy males stayed safely tucked away in caves with children, while females ventured outside to hunt? And matriarchy was the norm, with women ruling the earth?

In this reverse world, Florian Fletcher, a shy IT student, makes ends meet by waitering in corporate events. During Brown Inc's annual gala, he catches the attention of the handsome Alexandra.

At barely thirty, Alexandra Brown is the epitome of success--billionaire, self-made woman, most courted single of all Montreal. But something is missing.

When wide-eyed, clumsy Florian enters her life, Alexandra's breath hitches. Could this damoiseau in distress be what her heart yearns for?

Hi there Mrs. Brown. May I call you Alexandra?

You can call me the way you want, sweetie. Alexandra, Lexie, Lessie, or Mrs. Brown if you feel safer putting a distance between us.

Welcome and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today. Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

I wouldn't say no to a twenty-year-old whiskey. No ice.

Ordered.  Whole we wait, tell me a little about yourself?

Why don't you tell me what you want to know?

Ok. Where do you live?

I was born and raised in Greater Toronto, before moving to Montreal when I was eighteen.

Toronto is one of my favourite cities in the world. Do you have any jobs or hobbies?

The few hours I have left after handling Brown Incorporated's daily business, I devote to staying in shape. Kravmaga, Thai boxing, and aikido are my preferred way of doing so.

Sounds like a good use of your time. What are some of your likes and dislikes?

I cannot stand the sight of someone being bullied.

I agree. What is your greatest fear?

Becoming helpless again.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

I... Err... I guess that would be the last time I talked with my mother.

Are you happy we know your story?

I don't like talking about myself, but it felt liberating with you. Thank you.

I'm honoured. A few more questions if you don't mind. Do you gave a pet?

Buster is an American Akita. I was visiting a shelter for a charity event, and he followed me around all day long. Brought him back home. He's been the man of my life ever since.

I have great admiration for people who rescue animals. Do you have a secret?

My one and only friend calls me Lessie; short for Alessandra. That's all I can reveal.

Do you like to cook?

I never cook. Mr. Landon, my housekeeper, takes care of my meals.

What's a day in your life like?

It's pretty uneventful. I get up at 5:30, exercise for an hour in my private gym, then shower and breakfast. I'm at my office by 7. Work, quick lunch at my desk, work again until dinner time. Rinse, repeat. Last weekend, though, after Brown Inc's gala, I had a guest. No that kind of guest, mind you. It was platonic; just a boy I rescued at a club downtown.

Well, it sounds like there is a story there. One more question. If you could cure one disease, which would it be?

It's not a disease, but if I could end world hunger, I would.

Is there anything you want to say to your fans?

My fans? You mean the bird-brained boys running after my fortune? Tell them I have my eyes set on someone already.

Done! Can we look forward to reading more of your story?

The author is struggling to get out one chapter a week, but she's decided to push through writer's block.

I can speak for us all, we are happy to hear this.  Keep writing author! Thank you Alexandra for talking with us today. 

To read Alexandra Brown's story, click on the link in the comment here ---->

Now it's your turn to ask Alexandra

Add your questions as an inline comment here. Don't forget to tag MeganVinotucino so they can get the question to her ---->