It Started With A Job Interview - Dalia Ahmed

Book Title: It Started With A Job Interview

Book Genre: Romance/Young Adult

Author: Hannahstar246

Character Name: Dalia Ahmed

Nominated by: pseudonymLove

About the story: 

Dalia, a 24 year old, a young Muslim girl working at a school. She is confident and never shows her vulnerability. She lives with her family in Canada, never thinking about guys or marriage after highschool.

Waleed, 27 year old, also Muslim, in charge of his dad's school, more like a principal you should say. He finds the idea of marriage and love so absurd and would never want to get married.

One is afraid to love and avoids it, while the other starts falling.

Hi there. What should I call you? Do you prefer a nickname?

My name is Dalia. Sometimes people call me Dalz...but let us try and keep this professional shall we? So just Dalia hehe.

Professional it is. Welcome Dalia and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today.

Oh it is a pleasure. Last time I got the chance to talk about myself was with my now fiancé/husband.

Happy to have you here. Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

Maybe a glass of cola? That would be nice.

One cola on the way.  While we wait, tell me a little about yourself?

Well, there is a lot about me. I am quite cocky about myself, if I am being honest. Okay, so I love teaching which is why I work as a teacher. I am in maaaaaad love with romance novels and I more than enjoy baking...sorry I am bragging way to much.

Not at all.  I like a little bragging. Where do you live?

At the moment, Canada. My fiancé is planning to move out of Canada after we are married.

I may be a bit biased, but I think Canada the best country in the world. Do you have any jobs or hobbies?

I mentioned briefly that I am a teacher. Oh and hobbies...I have a side job called DaliaPrints. But dont work with it much now after I started my real job.

What are some of your likes and dislikes?

That is a tough one. Hmmmm. I dislike people being rude, I guess. I hate that I have a temper, sometimes my fiancé and I end up in a fire with fire argument.

What is your greatest fear?

Losing the person I love. It is hard to know exactly who you love so much. But *whispers* between you and me I love Waleed, my fiancé.

"whispers" It's our secret. Ahem. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

Probably not being rebellious in high school. Got me into a conflict with Waleed a few days ago.

Are you happy we know your story?

Of course! What is better than people learning from each other's story! I learned a lot about DID from my friend Sheel. Our mutual bestfriend is rotorooters

Dalia, an easy question for you. Are you in love? 

Yes I am. I am actually in mad love with this man Waleed. He caught my attention from day one I tell you. Took me a while to love love him. Yet, here i am.

Did you get your first kiss? 

*blushes* yes with Waleed. It was funny...well not funny just not in a place you would expect. I mean people can kiss in any place they want, but for me I imagined my first kiss by a lake. But nope. Instead it was by his dad's parked car in front of a restaurant.

Are you married? 

Am I married? Well, I do have my marriage certificate signed, but I haven't moved in yet. Mum is all crazy about moving in to0 early for some reason. But I have a ring, does that count?

Absolutely! Tell us about someone important to you? 

Besides Waleed and my parents. It is my grandmum. She has been there for me in every up and down. No one can compete with her I tell you.

Who's your favourite person in the world? 

Waleed...always and forever Waleed. I love this man with every fibre in me. Mad love innit?

Oh, I completely agree. Is there anything you want to say to your fans?

My fans? I have fans? That is so cool! Ummm well...I hope you guys enjoy what you know about my relationship with Waleed.

Can we look forward to reading more of your story?

Yes! But sadly...not even Waleed is going to be hearing from me for a while. Busy like a bumble bee. For the next month only I hope.

Busy is good but I speak for us all when I say don't forget about us.  Dalia, out time is up. Thanks for talking with me today.

It was so amazing to have me here! It would have been wonderful to have Waleed with me, but it was quite specific to have only me. *chuckles* you are an amazing and polite host.

Perhaps next time we can have you and Waleed over for a chat.

To read Dalia's story, click on the link in the comment here --->

Now it's your turn to ask Dalia

Add your questions as an inline comment here. Don't forget to tag  hannahstar246 so they can get the question to her. ---->