• Two Days •

"Severus."

The dark-haired professor rolled his eyes dramatically and slowly looked at you, clearly irritated by your presence. You beamed at him and tapped his arm in excitement.

"Aren't you excited to see me?"

You asked, joy was rolling out of your tongue gracefully. Severus frowned. It had only been two days since he last saw you. You had an important meeting out of Hogwarts for two days but now you were back.

"Why am I supposed to be excited?"

"I wasn't here for two days! You should miss me, you know. I'm your best friend."

You pouted, crossing your arms against your chest like a child. Severus was tempted to roll his eyes again, but he decided against it and sighed.

"If there's one thing I missed about you is your tormenting antics, Y/N."

He said, cocking his eyebrow at you. Your pout turned into a huge grin. If anyone else was grinning at him like you were doing, he would throw them out of the Great Hall in a second, but it was you so he just gave you a smirk.

"Just admit it, you missed me."

"I certainly do not miss you, Professor L/N."

"Well, I think you do, Professor Snape."

You argued, unable to contain your laughter. Severus shook his head but a small smile was cracked on his face.

"You think so, Y/N?"

"No. I know so. Severus Snape cannot survive without me."

You said proudly, smiling at him. Severus gritted his teeth and shot you a glare. If you did not know him, you would cower in fear under his threatening gaze but you were you. You were not scared of your best friend.

You looked at the students who were busy with their own businesses in the Great Hall, nudging Severus with your elbow.

"I'm excited to teach today. These past two days had been hell. The meeting was awful."

You said, your shoulders slumped without you even noticing but Severus did. The joy that was radiating from you has slowly died as you remembered about your meeting. He put a comforting hand on your knee.

"I'm sure those dunderheads are happy to see you back in the class too."

His words made you smile and suddenly you were eager to teach your students.

"Of course. I mean, they missed me just like how you missed me!"

You mumbled under your breath and laughed when Severus pretended to vomit. You slapped his arm and could not hide your laughter.

"Both of you seem so happy today."

A voice stopped your laughter and you turned to look at Minerva McGonagall. You gave her a bright smile and she looked at Albus who was smiling as well.

"It's good to have you here today, Y/N. Severus has been asking about you a lot."

Dumbledore said, exposing Severus who was looking at you with wide eyes. You were flabbergasted but then you grinned at the man.

"It's good to know that you really missed me, Severus."

You wiggled your eyebrows at him and he groaned in annoyance. Dumbledore surely known how to ruin his reputation. But seeing the beautiful smile on your face, he could not help but felt proud as he was the reason you were happy.

-
EDITED (8/2): for new readers, this book consists different stories for each chapter and it is not a continuous story. for a story with a few parts, i will state it at the beginning of the chapters. thank you!

17th November 2020